- 05-10-2009, 10:01 AM #26iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
My mom loves food
1. Take my mom to lunch. She is elderly and doesn't get out much. She loves gourmet food!
2. Clean house for my wife.
3. Do all those honeydo items around the house that I have procrastinated over.
- 05-10-2009, 10:12 AM #27iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
1) call my mother
2) remind my kids to call their mother
3) take the mother's to brunch
- 05-10-2009, 10:53 AM #28iPhone Nanite
- 4 Posts
1) Take my mom out to breakfast at one of the not so swanky restaurants in Norwich, but nice enough to get great food.
2) Let my girlfriend take a nap while I watch the kids before she goes into work, on a sunday.
3) When she gets home from work give her an hour and a half full body massage, with a happy ending (for her)!!
- 05-10-2009, 11:30 AM #29
First I am going to let my wife sleep in by taking our two year old downstairs.
Then I am going to make her her favorite coffee drink - a white chocolate mocha.
Finally I will send our kid nextdoor to our neighbors, draw a hot bubble bath, and light some candles. And well, you can imagine the rest. : )
- 05-10-2009, 11:58 AM #30iMore Newbie
- 14 Posts
1. Tickets to the SLSO for Luddy Von's "Ode to Joy."
2. Dinner at our Favorite Restaurant.
3. All her favorite songs on the trip.
- 05-10-2009, 12:03 PM #31iMore Newbie
- 47 Posts
1. drive an hour to parents house stop on the way to get her a hazelnut latte (her favorite)
2. give mom gift (cosmetics/salon gift card and orchid)
3. make her favorite dinner/clean the kitchen
- 05-10-2009, 02:08 PM #32
- 05-10-2009, 02:10 PM #33iPhone Nanite
- 5 Posts
For my mom:
Send her a card made by the kids.
Send her some pictures she hasn't seen printed off.
Email a video of the kids to make her smile
a back rub, not having to cook, and lots of snuggles with my sweeties
- 05-10-2009, 02:53 PM #34
- 05-10-2009, 05:09 PM #35iMore Newbie
- 49 Posts
1. Call Mom (just can't make the 500+ mile drive)
2. Call Sister (mom to be)
3. Work on making my wife a mom
- 05-10-2009, 05:25 PM #36
1. Get up before my wife to make her breakfast and get the kids to sign her card, and give her the card and gift.
2. Take my wife out to whatever should wants to do/eat.
3. Call my mom (sent her card and gift via USPS last week) to tell her thanks for being my mom and just chat with her for a while. --> We don't do that much, and I know how much she likes it.
- 05-10-2009, 06:55 PM #37
- 05-10-2009, 07:12 PM #38iPhone Nanite
- 5 Posts
1. drive an hour to surprise my mom with flowers and a bear hug.
2. take her to her first professional soccer game - the Seattle Sounders FC vs the Los Angeles Galaxy. this is more for her, than for me, I swear.
3. presenting her with this rainbow cake after a dinner of short ribs and mac salad (we're from Hawaii). Omnomicon makes » how to make a rainbow cake!
today is also her son in law's birthday, so it's a celebration all around.
- 05-10-2009, 08:54 PM #39
- 05-10-2009, 09:23 PM #40
- 05-11-2009, 10:25 AM #41iPhone Newbie
- 11 Posts
I love my mom
yesterday my top 3 where
1. Making a Delicious Lamb Dinner
2. Planting Flowers in the front Yard
3. Setting up a Facebook yes a facebook for my Mom \
thanks for the entry
- 05-11-2009, 11:04 AM #42iPhone Newbie
- 33 Posts
My top 3...
1) For my mom every year I find the wackiest stuffed animal I can and give it to her... along with a card saying thanx for being my mom.
2) For my mom-in-law, I send a card and flowers... and a thanx for my wife note somehow.
3) For my wife, this year the kids and I spent the day digging a hole, putting a liner in it, and.... making about a 140gal fish/koi pond (filter and fountains and all that other stuff)... kids (four of them from 2-7 years old) had fun playing in the 'pool' I dug for them (now I just need to figure out how to keep them out of it).