Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

231 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

Default are we going to get better games?

i know the iphone has some pretty good games but with Assasin's Creed coming out a couple days ago, do you think that we will be getting more games that are already out on other consoles like 360 or ps3?
    iPhone Nanite

4 Posts

I hope so.. there are many great developers out there coming out with great concepts.

Just don't like some of the rip-offs. maybe its just me.
    iPhone Intermediate

316 Posts

I hope so! I would love to see big name developers like Gameloft, SEGA, make more game apps but for a cheaper price.
    iPhone Nanite

9 Posts

Are you looking for super high-quality stuff, or just feature packed ones?
    iPhone Newbie

33 Posts

Recently we've gotten Tiger Woods Golf, NFS Underground, Top Gun, all pretty high-end iPhone games. I think file size will start to become a problem though... look at Myst for example.
    iMore Intermediate

134 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,974 Global Posts

My prediction is marginal improvement in games, but nothing spectacular.

The human interface is simply too limiting and imprecise for good game interaction.

You really only have the screen and the accellerometer to deal with.
    If you use the screen, you block half your view.
    If the game relies on Tilt, you have essentially a left-right joystick with no buttons.

What could improve this?
    Bluetooth mouse support or Bluetooth keyboard support would help a lot.

Baring that, a slim carrier that envelopes the phone, while plugging into the
    docking port to provide additional buttons (that are located on the carrier) would
    be a solution. Something like this image of a hand-held super nintendo: http://www.geekologie.com/2008/08/04/snes-1.jpg

But lets face it, this device just does not have enough inputs to provide a good gaming experience. The inputs it does have are imprecise and take way too much processing power from the game just trying to figure out what you touched.