Application questions

whitewuf

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi there everyone,
I am wondering what's the best PIM applications out there for iphone 3G that doesn't require internet connection or wifi and what not. Plus, everyone's so into BB messenger these days, anyway we iPhone-ers can tap into that?

Thanks.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
PIM to me means Personal Information Manager, i.e. contacts, calendars, notes, etc. Do you mean IM like Instant Messenger? If so, I use BeeJive and while it's $15, it's worth it to me for the polish and functionality.

BB messenger uses proprietary BlackBerry PIN (unique device ID) to send carrier-channel messages between devices. You need a BlackBerry, (or maybe a device running BlackBerry Connect?) to use it.

whitewuf

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
what i meant was Personal Information Manager. I would like my iphone to display the scheduled meetings for the day/week, things to do, etc etc.... anything like that?
I just got my wife a BB..... love the BBM. hahahaha. too bad for me...

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Do you mean IM like Instant Messenger? If so, I use BeeJive and while it's $15, it's worth it to me for the polish and functionality.

Just a heads up to anyone interested, I just saw that BeeJive is on sale for a couple of days for 9.99.

As for you PIM...I think there are a couple of custom themes that might do it, and I am pretty sure you can add it to your lock screen with some widgets you can find in cydia. You might also look at the Pocket Informant, it won't display on your springboard or lockscreen but it incorporates your calendar, contacts and todos in one place, so the description says. Personally I'm fine with the built in calendar and contacts apps and I use ToDo for my tasks.

aureatenova

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
if you want something that shows up on your lockscreen, there's RemindYou and Intelliscreen (both available through Cydia)

whitewuf

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
i don't know about you guys out there, but the apps that i like cost abt $12.50USD. That may not mean much to those making in USD. For some of us who makes in lousy Rp currency, a monthly wage of $600/mth is quite heavy......

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Seems a small price when you consider the price of the device. Really, they may not be just what you want...but the built in PIM works and it came free with the phone, you want something better, or something that just fits your style better...your gonna have to pay.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh