Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,890 Global Posts

Default App Store review changes...

I don't know if anyone here knew about the impending releaes of "The Oregon Trail" from Gameloft in the app store. In any case I have been since I first read about it on Ign.com. Today it was released, and it's great.

But one thing jumped right out at me when looking at the game in iTunes. The reviews (the whole 33 there are) have date stamps. Also there is drop down menu that says rate this software next too it. In addition above the actual reviews it says "There are no reviews for the current version of this application". At the bottom of the page it says "See reviews for all versions". Now the version listed is 1.1.2, being that it came out today I don't see how Gameloft already put out updates.

I browsed around the store and didn't see any of these things on apps that I already had. I haven't found any others that have these things. Is Apple rolling out a new review system for apps/games but only for new stuff?

Edit - Oh yea, The Oregon Trail is really fun. It is the game you remember from way back on the Apple II in elementary school. I recommend.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

I noticed that this afternoon as well. Seems new to me. Now I may pick up this game as well. Was just waiting for someone to comment on it.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,890 Global Posts

Seems that this review system has been rolled out to all apps with iTunes 8.1 release this morning. Every review I see now has date stamps as well as the version which was reviewed.
    iPhone Newbie

Yup. This is actually a very useful addition for both users and developers. Good to see Apple improving the store. Now they just need to revamp the organization...closing in on 30,000 apps and we need some better tools.