App Store review changes...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I don't know if anyone here knew about the impending releaes of "The Oregon Trail" from Gameloft in the app store. In any case I have been since I first read about it on Ign.com. Today it was released, and it's great.

But one thing jumped right out at me when looking at the game in iTunes. The reviews (the whole 33 there are) have date stamps. Also there is drop down menu that says rate this software next too it. In addition above the actual reviews it says "There are no reviews for the current version of this application". At the bottom of the page it says "See reviews for all versions". Now the version listed is 1.1.2, being that it came out today I don't see how Gameloft already put out updates.

I browsed around the store and didn't see any of these things on apps that I already had. I haven't found any others that have these things. Is Apple rolling out a new review system for apps/games but only for new stuff?

Edit - Oh yea, The Oregon Trail is really fun. It is the game you remember from way back on the Apple II in elementary school. I recommend.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I noticed that this afternoon as well. Seems new to me. Now I may pick up this game as well. Was just waiting for someone to comment on it.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Seems that this review system has been rolled out to all apps with iTunes 8.1 release this morning. Every review I see now has date stamps as well as the version which was reviewed.

rareapps

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Yup. This is actually a very useful addition for both users and developers. Good to see Apple improving the store. Now they just need to revamp the organization...closing in on 30,000 apps and we need some better tools.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR