Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Forum App Reviewer

540 Posts
    Global Posts
    542 Global Posts

Default Review: Edge

Edge is a unique puzzle oriented game in which you move a rapidly changing color cube around a play field. You must climb across objects, flip switches, even balance on the edge of things to wait for a platform to move you. I found this game crazy addicting.

Game play:
    The game is a little hard to describe as the video below should help out a bit. But the basic concept is to make it to the other side of the level while having to dodge objects of keep from falling off the platform or from getting pushed off for that matter. This game will really test your reflexes and your ability to control the cube. Besides completing the “obstacle course” you can also attempt to collect all the multi-colored prisms on the level. There is a mini-map in the upper left- hand corner of the screen to help you find the prisms. If for some reason you fall off the platform, you won't have to start over from the very beginning, rather at a certain “checkpoint” that is defined by the game. The game can be either played in landscape of portrait mode. You just rotate the screen by using two fingers. If you decide to exit out of the game, you will have to start at the beginning of the level. There are a total of 26 levels in the game. I'd like to see the ability to save you place within the level even if you do decide to exit game, but in the end, I didn't really find it necessary as I always seemed to get back to that point with ease.

The 3D graphics are excellent for this game. I love the ever changing color of the cube.

In the game you have the option to turn off either or both the sound effects or the music. The music is somewhat best described as a “far-out galactic” mood music. While the sound effect are very appropriate and only add the the user's experience.

The cube can either be controlled by swiping your finger in the direction you want to move or there is an option to use the accelerometers in the iPhone. I however found the swipe method the best and the easiest way to move the cube even in the most “delicate” of maneuvers.

This game is one-of-a-kind with its unique game play and interaction, and I think it is suited for just about any person. I had no issues with this game. Out of the 26 levels I am currently halfway through level 25 and have loved every minute of it. I think the only thing people might balk at, is the fact that the $6.99 price tag might seem a little high for only 26 levels. I really hope to see more level in this addicting game. If there were 50 levels this app would have a 5/5 star ranking.

-Addicting game play
    -Uniques game
    -3D graphics

-Only 26 levels