Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

231 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

Default best free weather app

i live in michigan so i need a good weather app thats free and tells me the snow accumulation. i've tried the weather channel app but it doesn't tell me.
    any help??
    iMore Elite

2,967 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,878 Global Posts

I don't know if any tell snow accumulation, there are snow trackers but I think they are for skiing. Anyway, I personally like Weather Bug the best.

Weather Channel - Info isn't presented in a very easy to quickly read format. Also I don't like the way locations are handled and it seems to have some problems at times. It does have nice radars and detailed weather alerts. I also do like the hourly forcast and extended forcasts.

AccuWeather - Is nice, but limited. This does have some of the "weather maps" you see on TV showing predicted areas of rain and such so it might have snow estimations but I only used it a little while.

WeatherBug - What I really like about it is when you search for zip codes it will give you a huge list of all available weather stations. So instead of just having "Frederick,MD" as my location. WeatherBug lets me select the weather station that I know is 500 yards from my house on a middle school. Only problem is it just gives you the name of weather alerts and times, no details. But it has a nice radar and info updates quickly and is easy to read/use.
    Forum App Reviewer

540 Posts
    Global Posts
    542 Global Posts

It doesn't snow much here in south Texas, but I do know that MyWeather Mobile and FizzWeather do not do that However Accuweather (free) I think has some sort of snow accumilation data. Here is a link to a screenshot, sorry had to upload it to Twitpic, only way I know how to add a pic from the iphone.
    TwitPic - Share photos on twitter
    iMore Guru

1,522 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts

You aren't south Texas...I'm south Texas.

iPhone Intermediate

291 Posts
    Global Posts
    472 Global Posts

Check out WeatherEye.

I find it decent.