Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Forum App Reviewer

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Review: Lie Detector (crApp)

The Lie Detector App claims that it can detect when a person is lying, 100% of the time I was unsuccessful in getting the app to work. When you open the app it tells you to input a few things about the person that is being questioned. And in the last blank, you enter the question you want to see if the person is lying about.

Once you hit “Save,” the app will ask the person that they should be truthful about, as it is supposed to calibrate the application for the one final question being asked.

I must say I do like the graphics in the application, and the sound meter seems to move adequately when speaking into the mic. However, every time I told the truth, I got this screen:

…and every time I was lying, I got:

Needless to say I haven’t got this app to work at all. I tried it on a friend and it worked 1 in 5 tries…after all I would have expected more…it’s a 50/50 chance…

I give it 1 star for graphics.

For $2.99 this is CrApp

Pros:
    -Um…graphics?

Cons:
    -Doesn’t work

Video
    |

$2.99

1/5
    Last edited by msbaylor; 11-24-2008 at 11:11 AM.

My Blog: The Casual Geek
    Twitter: @msproductions

Have a review request? Just PM Me!
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts

Now we're REALLY getting ambitious here.

Thanks for the review. Awesome concept but the execution sounds less than stellar. Too bad; an app. like this could have come in handy with some ex's...
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default Why would anyone want to even bother?

Even without reading the review, this so-called app has no chance to be even entertaining unless a 7-year old gets ahold of his dad's iPhone and gives it a try. Surely the developer can come up with something either more useful or entertaining....
    iPhone Nanite

Default Acme Lie Detector for fun

The better app is the joke detector, Acme lie detector. It looks pretty cool, real enough to fool the gullible and the best part is you can dpredetermine the outcome on the fly. Just tilt the iphone a bit in the direction of the true or false result and you get "your" answer.

The button for your thumb looks good and changes to a thumb print when you touch it, then the needle begins to swing back and forth a few times "hunting" the result. It then locks on true or false on the meter and the red or green light comes "on" and a audio sound signifies the result (they remind me of a game show sounds)

closest thing to a screen I found

So many apps so little time....
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    Forum App Reviewer

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Yeah, I've seen the acme lie detector,it looks like it has pretty good graphics as well.

As for the Lie Detector app, an update came out yesterday an iam in the process of evaluating this new update.
    First throughts- better than the first version.
    iPhone Newbie

I agree, this was not working very well for me