Games on the iPhone

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I was just reading the article about gaming on the iPhone.

I will gladly play $1.99, $4.99, $9.99 (or even $19.99?) for a game that clearly has the time and effort put into it. Creating a version of tetris or bejeweled and selling it for $2.99 doesn't meet that criteria.

I don't know if anyone will ever pay $30 or $40 for an iPhone game, but given that there are no distribution costs, no packaging costs, I don't think games ever need to reach that level.

In my opinion, the iPhone as a gaming platform is a new paradigm, and the details are currently being shifted around. Previously, games for PDA's or cell phone were small scale, quick puzzle game, or small games like a little bowling game or something. Games for hand held devices (like Sony PSP or Nintendo Gameboy) were either scaled down versions of games for the larger console, or larger, concept games that weren't for just a quick few minute diversion. The iPhone is trying to combine those two paradigms, and what we have seen mostly so far are games that are on the PDA/cell phone end of the spectrum.

Chris

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox