Kids Corner Review: iNeko

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
This may end up being the shortest review I have ever written.

iNeko is a sort of "virtual pet" program for the iPhone. However, it is even less complicated than many of the virtual pets that came out in the 90's, which is saying something.

Your virtual pet is a cat. This cat can purr, run around the screen, and fall asleep. It you tap the screen you will wake the cat up. Move your finger around, and the cat will chase your finder. Shake the iPhone to change the background color. Tilt the iPhone to make the cat run faster (downhill) or slower (uphill).

That's it. No feeding, caring for, cleaning, or anything like that. Adding some features like that would have made the game more interesting for me.

But this isn't about me. It's about kids. And my daughter loves this game (can it even be called a game?). She loves to make the cat run around chasing her finger. Right now, this is one of the top programs on the iPhone in her opinion.

You can use the pinch feature to shrink or grow the cat. But that is about the limit of the functionality. But for kids, that is all that is needed. Volume control is included, so you may want to lower the volume before passing it off to your child.

Pros: A fun little kitty to play with on the iPhone
Cons: Pretty dull for any adult nearby - and the purring might get to be a little much!

All in all, kids (especialy girls who want to have a cat of their own) should love it. And since it is free, there is no harm in trying the game out. Just be forewarned, you may not get the iPhone back for a long time! Adding some more features would make it more involved, but I am not sure if that is needed. Three and a half stars out of five.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73