Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Guru

1,522 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts

Default Kids Corner Review: Tickle Me

Tickle tickle tickle.

Okay, this may end up being the shortest review I write.

This application shows a smiley face, and when you touch it, it giggles.

That's it. Nothing more complex or confusing that than.

This is obviously designed for the "Tickle Me Elmo" young child crowd. And I am certain that some kids would love it. They did incorporate the vibrate function into it.

As a parent, however, I think it would drive me up the wall. So much so that I didn't want to let me daughter see it, because I knew she would want to play with it and make my iPhone giggle all the time. It probably wouldn't be so bad if the giggle sound changed at all, but it is almost the same sound...over and over and over and over (the giggle does vary slightly).

Other apps that I let her play with aren't as...well...annoying as this one. So if you think you would be willing to put up with a constant giggling sound, go ahead and install it to let your kids play with it. But be forewarned - you may wish you didn't.

Pros: Kids will love it.
    Cons: Parents may hate it.

All in all, for a free app, it doesn't get much more straightforward than this. If you want to give it a shot, go for it. Just don't say I didn't warn you.

Oh yes, I forgot - when you turn the iPhone upside down it giggles as well.