Tasks/To-Do App w/ real reminders?????

iPhonedude

Oct 22, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone know of any Tasks/To-Do apps out there that have reminder functionality...and I don't mean if you remember to open the app it will remind you. I mean like the tasks app on the (I dare not speak its name) Blackberry where the reminder will actually pop up on my home window when I set it up to. So far I've checked out iProcrastinate, Things, my Lists and reQall. Anyone know any apps w/ this functionality?

Thanks for the help.

iPhone Dude

tuna

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
I believe that this functionality is not yet available due to the inability of programs to run in the background. My hope is that they let this happen with the next firmware update, but I'm not holding my breath. The only thing that I have found that will pop up reminders is the native calendar application.

detroitsongbird

Aug 10, 2008
Visit site
between toodledo's website and it's native app, it can be done.

The website can "publish" todo's with due dates to a google calendar. That calendar can by sync'ed to the iphone.

bali

May 23, 2009
Visit site
The only working solution for any reminder application is to use the Push service announced by Apple in firmware 3.0. NotifyMe (powerybase.com) will provide this functionality.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I use toodledo and Appigio's ToDo app. You can set up toodledo to send you email reminders or sms reminders of your todos. I have unlimited text, so that's the method I use, I get a noise and screen pop up.

Cal Al

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Calendar Alarm app sets local notifications

Once set the Calendar Alarm app alerts will notify you also if the iPhone screen is locked
Calendar Alarm syncs with your default iPhone Calendar and adds notifications with a long and loud alarm. The app syncs with the standard Calendar and other calendars supported by the iPhone/iPod. And then sets local notifications for an alarm/alert with a sound of your choice. The only thing you have to do is start or activate the Calendar Alarm app, after you have set your appointments and alerts in your default iPhone Calendar. In the upcoming version (september2010) a snooze/sleep will be added. App store id367803799
App store name: Calendar Alarm.

peterjerry2010

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage. I found many
interesting things from this site. It helps me many away... Thanks

Peter Jerry
dealsourcedirect

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost