App Store "Phantom" (But not really) Updates

TopToffee

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
Ok, having the following problem (for the last couple of days)...

1. Went into iTunes, and into Applications.
  2. Hit "Check for Updates"
  3. iTunes tells me there are currently updates available for some of my installed apps, and the sidebar shows (4) available.
  4. I click ok (or get updates, or whatever the confirm button is) and it then goes to the page that USUALLY lists the available updages, and the page is empty, listing "No Updates Available"

Tried ringing Apple Support, they had no clue what I was talking about.

Anyone had this issue, and if so, how did you get around it?

For the record, I'm running the latest versions of iTunes and the iPhone firmware.

Cheers in advance

PS. Posted this over at macrumors too, but thought someone here might be able to help...

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I've noticed that sometimes, albeit a little better since 2.1 was released, that the App store on the iPhone and the Applications tab in iTunes are not always in sync. For me, simply restarting iTunes or restarting my phone usually clears this issue up.

Also, I try to only update via iTunes, as this seems to be the most stable way. Of course, YMMV...

TopToffee

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
it's only started happening the last 2 days... getting on my nerves... at the moment the only way i can update *all* my apps (since some aren't synced to my phone) is to go through appshopper and find out which of my apps have an update available, delete the app from my macbook, and then re-download it...

that will get old really fast :(

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner