Review: Ballpark Sound FX

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I love baseball. The sport of kings, America's past time. Forget any others, baseball is the best.

That's why I was sort of excited to see a baseball sound effects program. Nothing fancy, but just delivers the "real world sound" of attending a baseball game. For $.99 I thought sure, why not give it a try.

So I did. And I was a little disappointed. The sound effects themselves aren't too bad - they provide the basic from the umpires "strike" call to the sound of a ball hitting a bat to some of the basica organ music.

But the quality of the sound didn't seem to be that high - especially the musical effects (like the 7th inning stretch organ music). In addition, some "obvious" sounds seemed to be missing (catcalls from the crowd, PA announcer comments ("and now batting"), the sound of someone sliding into base, etc).

To me, it sounds like someone had a baseball game, recorded the sounds from that, and then just marketed it for the iPhone.

I wanted to like this program if for no other reason to be able to play the cheers when the Red Sox win the World Series this year, but it was nothing that I wanted to keep on my phone.

Pros: If you are really desparate for baseball sounds effects, this is the program for you.
Cons: No real depth of sounds, quality seemed low.

All in all, I would say save your money and just turn a game on the television. 1 ouf of 5 stars.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73