Desperate for app syncing assistance

sslolley

Oct 17, 2008
Visit site
Ok -- I'm sure I'm not the first, but here goes. I sync my iphone daily -- and I never sync it without errors related to the apps. I've tried removing the apps and reloading them from the computer side. I've tried removing every single app and re-downloading them from itunes. I've tried removing all of them and reloading them from the phone side. NOTHING WORKS. It really drives me crazy. Here is my question: Is there a definitive way to get these syncing errors to go away? I just don't get what I'm not getting. Thanks.

sslolley

Oct 17, 2008
Visit site
Here is exact message. Using leopard, latest -- itunes updated, etc. Error messages say this: "The application ______ was not installed on the iPhone because an unknown error occured (0XE80000ZE) --- maybe it's 2E instead of ZE, but constantly I get this error. ALWAYS.

skuwamoto

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
I once wedged my iPhone so badly that it didn't start anymore, and just showed me a picture of an iphone connecting to iTunes. When I plugged it in, it restored my phone to factory defaults and restored my data from backup. I didn't lose any data and it works like a charm again.

It looks like you can do that manually by following the instructions for restoring from backup posted at the apple site:

Backing Up, updating, and restoring your iPhone and iPod touch software

Note that this is a pretty drastic step, so use your judgment about whether you are at the point where you need this. In theory, it should bring you back up to good working order.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711