What are your top 5 iOS apps?

gedwoods

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
For what it's worth:

My top 5 aps :
- iBody - keeps track of my blood pressure, very useful!
- Notes - I've tried many different word processing aps, but I keep coming back to Notes
- Maps - beats out my car navigation system half the time!
- iBlueSky - I do lots of cluster diagrams as a tool to assist brain storming - this is a useful ap
- Clock - still the best alarm I've found

My top 5 entertainment aps :
- Aki Mahjong - I'm addicted, and it's kept my interest over six months
- Cross Light - crossword puzzles, again, for when I'm in the mood
- Bloom - this is not a game, but a creative music ap, a superb relaxer
- Galactica - again, not a game, but a visual relaxer - I get drawn back to it
- 3D Coaster Rush - I sense I'm going to get tired of this one, but I like it best of the games that use the accelerometer that I've tried (these include many good games, but they tire quickly ... SolarQuest, Star Trek, MotoChaser, etc.)

Regarding iPod, I've discovered AudioBooks and am listening to them a lot now - both in the car while driving and at home as a means of relaxation.

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
I don't see too many people saying either Safari or iPod or iTunes. What gives?

Think most people think of "other apps" rather than those built in? That is my first impression.

Funny thing is... I don't use the iPod (I like CDs still) or Safari (usually near a PC and if I'm not, I don't want to browse). I find it to be a better messaging tool.

Wow, I bought the iPhone mainly for the web browsing experience and having the iPod with my phone. Funny, if messaging was the primary driver for a mobile device for me I would certainly have a Blackberry! I can type ok with the iPhone, but if I texted a lot, I would get frustrated. But to each his/her own - that's why we have choice!

I personally use Email, Safari, messaging, iPod, Slacker, Twitterrific (and/or Tweeterfon), the camera and then a lot of news apps - WSJ, ABC, NYT and the new CNN app. And oh, since I have had it for only 10 days - the SpeedTest app!

Listy

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
My 5.

Clowdy
9-Toolbox
Facemelt
FStream
Red Bull GP

Had to do another five... .
IM Lite
Around Me
PangeaVR
OrbLive
Palringo

Ant1Vanden

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
my top 5 apps

Paid apps

Pool service (vans skate game)
Touchgrind
Moron detector
Just Punked
Xplane

Free apps

Cube runner
iPint
Tap tap revenge2
Chopper lite
World war

dani617

Jul 12, 2009
Visit site
5 MUST haves so far =

Twitteriffic
AP News
Facebook
Huffington Post
Paper toss (for when im boredddd)

But I just got my new phone Friday so I'm sure my top 5 will be changing frequently

dougattoykite

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Favorite apps

Texas Hold Em - I have over $200,000,000.00 in my in-game acct.
1Password - securely stores credit card data, logins, passwords for bank, etc.
Jobs - keeps track of my hours worked on projects for people
iSamurai Bluetooth: Real Life Sword Fight (of course, since we are the developers)
Now Playing (look up movies and show times)
Amazon.com App (good for looking at reviews of products when shopping)

Doug Hogg
Toy Kite Software

iPhoneExpert111

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Top 10 strange Apple iPhone and iPod touch applications

iFart: The creator of this application supposedly earned a million from iFart, a fantastically puerile app which transforms your iPhone or iPod touch in to a virtual fart machine.

My Girl?s Day: There are dozens of menstruation calendar apps available through iTunes, but this period tracker appears to be designed with men in mind so that they can keep abreast of their girlfriend?s impending mood swings and food cravings.

Baby Shaker: This controversial application was withdrawn from the iTunes store shortly after release. The app, which encouraged you to shake your iPhone to silence a crying baby, was heavily criticised by web users and children?s groups.

BulletFlight: A must for every self-respecting marksman, this app helps gunmen line up a clean shot at their target by calculating factors such as prevailing wind conditions, ammunition type, and distance to the target.

iBeer: This app, which was at the centre of a legal battle, turns the iPhone or iPod touch in to a virtual pint glass; tip the device to your lips to mimick gulping down the foamy suds.

Dog whistler: Wannabe shepherds will love this app, which emits a whistling sound to call your dog to heel. The only problem is, some of the frequencies are beyond the range of human hearing, so you?ll have to take the developer?s word for it.

LOL Maker: Lolcats ? pictures of cats overlaid with hilarious captions ? is an internet institution. Now you can make your own Lolcat on the go.

Influenza: Get swine flu alerts from the Centre for Disease Control pushed straight to your iPhone, and you?ll have advanced warning of when to bed down in your nuclear bunker.

Star Wars Sound Board: App aimed at die-hard Star Wars fans ? simply click on a picture of your favourite character to hear them say a famous catchphrase.

iFlipFlow Lite: Remember those novelty pens that had a picture of a lady inside the barrel who would magically "undress" when you tipped the pen? Well, this is the 21st-century version, in which tilt the iPhone or iPod touch to reveal the lady in her undergarments.

Finables

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Top 5:
1. Amazon Kindle for iPhone- my absolute favorite thing combining my three loves, books+my iphone+music= heaven!
2. BeejiveIM 3.0- though I'm kinda pissed that I bought this at $15- it wasn't actually worth that much then
3. Camera Bag
4. Facebook- though I'm not sure I actually like the app but it's the only thing available
5. Unblock Me (Free)- I tend to cycle games but this is what i'm playing the most now

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73