- 06-27-2009, 03:54 AM #151
- 06-28-2009, 10:06 AM #152
With 50K apps, listing top five discovers little. I have just gone through this entire thread without identifying a new app that I want. Few of my favorites make anyone else's list. Therefore, I propose a new list to be called "what do you use your iPhone for?" I now have a few pages of apps that are organized around uses. Only one is fully populated; some have less coherence than others but I have a
News Page (RSS, WSJ, NYTimes, Bloomberg, USAToday, Weather Channel, 1Tap Movies, i.TV, MLB, All Things Digital, Slate, Wimbledon......)
Travel and Navigation (iMap, OpenTable, Exit, BART, Metro, NYC Metro, Station Stopper, City Transit, Flight Status, Airport Status, WorldMate, Exit, Have2Go, ....)
Communication (Easy Wifi for AT&T, Messaging, Bump, Skype, TruPhone, Dial 0, SlingPlayer, AIM, AOL radio, MPR Radio, TWIT.........)
Shopping and Banking (Amazon, (Wachovia) Banking, PayPal, VIP Access, Splash Shopper, My Wireless, App Store, Deliveries,..........)
Utilities & Tools (Air Mouse, Remote, Calculator, 1Password, Voice Memos, Fast Contackts, Camera, Photos, Notes..............)
Entertainment (iPod, e-Reader, Kindle, Stanza, uTube,
Reference (Constitution, WikiTap, Roberts Rules,
Games (a few classics)
Please tell me your categories and give me some of your favorites in each. Thanks.
Last edited by whmurray; 06-28-2009 at 10:09 AM.
- 06-28-2009, 04:49 PM #153
- 06-28-2009, 08:51 PM #154
- 06-29-2009, 08:29 AM #155
- 06-29-2009, 11:56 AM #156
I use Safari and have more than a hundred bookmarks. However, I prefer apps to browsing for the same information. For example, there is no information that I can get in my Bloomberg application, that I cannot get through Safari. I just prefer the app.
Finally, I use iTunes to sycn my iPhone, for the store, and for managing podcasts and downloads.
I think that it fair to say that I use Safari, iPod, and iTunes more than any of the apps that I mentioned.
- 06-29-2009, 11:27 PM #157
Changing it up a bit... now that push and 3GS is here!
No particular order....
3rd party apps:
Twittelator Pro / Twitterena / Tweetdeck
Birthdays (can't wait for push to be added)
Messaging (been sending vids and voice notes)
Clock (for the alarm)
Twittelator Pro / Twitterena / Tweetdeck
- 06-29-2009, 11:29 PM #158
- 07-01-2009, 01:04 PM #159
2. Holy Bible (Beats carrying around a book)
4. ESPN ScoreCenter
5. Notes (Beats carrying around a pen and paper)
7. Mafia Wars
8. Paper Toss
10. Calendar (Would be lost without it)
Sorry I couldn't just pick 5. I could add another 10 actually.
- 07-02-2009, 09:54 PM #160
Heres my top 5 -
Pandora (ok i got more--
whos played doom resserection here? im tempted to get it.
- 07-03-2009, 05:47 AM #161iPhone Beginner
- 78 Posts
Excluding Apple's default apps;
1. BeeJive (the push is awesome, works better than multitasking on WM)
2. TyroTuner (free guitar tuner which actually works and doesnt screw up my tunes, it tells you if your string is too high or too low)
3. Bejeweled2 (out of all the games I bought this one I play the most )
4. iDracula (cool game if you and friends try to beat eachothers highscores)
5. TCT Lite (free periodic system which actually has a lot of useful info such as oxidation numbers, electronegativity, etc)
- 07-03-2009, 08:23 AM #162
- 07-03-2009, 10:18 AM #163
- 07-03-2009, 01:36 PM #164
- 07-03-2009, 02:34 PM #165
- 07-06-2009, 07:45 AM #166
- 07-07-2009, 10:00 AM #167
- 07-07-2009, 10:25 AM #168
- 07-07-2009, 04:51 PM #169
- 07-07-2009, 06:29 PM #170iPhone Nanite
- 6 Posts
For what it's worth:
My top 5 aps :
- iBody - keeps track of my blood pressure, very useful!
- Notes - I've tried many different word processing aps, but I keep coming back to Notes
- Maps - beats out my car navigation system half the time!
- iBlueSky - I do lots of cluster diagrams as a tool to assist brain storming - this is a useful ap
- Clock - still the best alarm I've found
My top 5 entertainment aps :
- Aki Mahjong - I'm addicted, and it's kept my interest over six months
- Cross Light - crossword puzzles, again, for when I'm in the mood
- Bloom - this is not a game, but a creative music ap, a superb relaxer
- Galactica - again, not a game, but a visual relaxer - I get drawn back to it
- 3D Coaster Rush - I sense I'm going to get tired of this one, but I like it best of the games that use the accelerometer that I've tried (these include many good games, but they tire quickly ... SolarQuest, Star Trek, MotoChaser, etc.)
Regarding iPod, I've discovered AudioBooks and am listening to them a lot now - both in the car while driving and at home as a means of relaxation.
- 07-07-2009, 09:35 PM #171
I personally use Email, Safari, messaging, iPod, Slacker, Twitterrific (and/or Tweeterfon), the camera and then a lot of news apps - WSJ, ABC, NYT and the new CNN app. And oh, since I have had it for only 10 days - the SpeedTest app!
- 07-08-2009, 11:33 AM #172
- 07-09-2009, 06:37 PM #173
- 07-11-2009, 04:16 AM #174
- 07-11-2009, 04:08 PM #175
- By chic_geek in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 8Last Post: 08-23-2012, 01:05 AM
- By Osama19 in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 07-23-2011, 08:27 AM
- By deadly_shuriken in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 03-25-2011, 03:26 PM
- By ChrisxJacobsen in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 1Last Post: 12-07-2009, 10:56 AM
- By iphonetoni in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 07-31-2009, 09:39 AM