What are your top 5 iOS apps?

Izzy_Jakob

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Gorillacam - better than the Iphone default camera
iTalk- AMAZING...LEAVE IT ON around coworkers and find out what they say when you leave the room :) i know not ethical but its crazy out there
Shazam-
HOLYBIBLE- I need my daily dose
iXpenselt- Keep track of my spending

shawkin

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
New but...

I'm a few days into using the just launched 'Nourish Daily' app (its a food one under health and fitness) and it is simply fantastic. I've been following what the nutritionist has told me to eat (you get personalised menus) and I'm already 2 pounds down in weight and ahem --- less constipated :) This app gives you a weekly shopping list for your own personal menu, daily tips, portion sizing - none of that calorie counting crap. Truly great app.

rekamds

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't live without:
MobileMe iDisk (use to for cloud viewing work documents on the go)
Facebook
Sky News
HulloMail
Highways Agency (UK traffic conditions)

Mar 8, 2010
www.lawrence-najjar.com
My top 5 favorite free apps

Google -- Quick Google Web search, including voice input.

NYTimes -- Full stories from today's newspaper, with images and 25 several selectable categories.

Say Who -- Best voice dialer out there. Now defunct. The others cannot compare. Gone but not forgotten. (I've got the 3G, so no built in voice dialer)

The Weather Channel -- Compared to the default Weather app, gives you more choices for seeing predicted future weather (Hourly, 36 Hour, 10 Day).

White Noise -- Generates different soothing sounds (White Noise, Oscillating Fan, Extreme Rain to help cover hotel noises while you try to sleep.

samuelliebz

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
My top 5 are

Flashlight - perfect for checking on the kids at night without a glaring bright light in their face to wake them

Insure Me - our free iPhone Insurance app - so I'm slightly biased - It finds discounts for iPhone insurance

Tips & Tricks - iPhone Secrets - Dead handy for the shortcuts - like a very readable instructions manual that actually *doesnt* make you fall asleep

Ashalt 4 - I have no idea how to play it but it keeps my daughter quiet on a Sunday morning...

Analytics App - If you run a website this is great for getting Google Analytics while you're on the move

webilosopher

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I use the following apps almost every day:

Listomni (paid app) - great for lists of all kinds

Twitterific (free I think)

QuickVoice Recorder (free version) - very fast audio recorder, for voice memos, on-the-fly podcasts, etc.

GoodReader (partly paid version) - offline reader for all sorts of docs; can extract docs from websites, cloud-based storage services (e.g. Dropbox)

WordWeb - great offline dictionary (free I think)

Lots of others that I use fairly often, either for fun or productivity, including:

ShapeWriter Lite (great app; I'd use it much more, except I keep forgetting about it...)
Instapaper Free
Bloom
Ocarina
Pocket Informant (still deciding whether to shell out for the paid version...)
MemStatus

samuelliebz

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
One other - ok so that makes it a Top 6 list - but anyway

Guitar Tuner - free app for tuning guitar - plays the 6 notes of the guitar strings to tune the guitar in. Simple and effective - and always in my pocket :)

Speedv1

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to add one as well - CP Pro (Camera Plus Pro). It feels really solid, I mean it is a paid app.. so to each their own, and if the built in camera or camera plus *not pro* works for you then perfect, but for a bit more here you go!

dleon3406

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the post!

Im new too, Kathy, thanks for your post, found it very helpful!

Dave, Tx :)

OK I'm new so don't hold it against me but so far my favorites are:

Fluent News
5.0 Radio Pro
Facebook
List Master - soooo easy to learn and use!
Trapster - has already saved me more than once from a speeding ticket
SoundHound

Ooops! Sorry that is 6 instead of 5 - I told you I was new

Kathy in NC

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member