****BeeJive IM Released****

Ruben#IM

Sep 21, 2008
Visit site
What?

i have been waiting for beejive im so that i wont have to use palringo anymore but 16 buckss!!! i would rather save money and have palringo which isnt that bad. Although beejive integrates a landscape mode and i find that very appealing. I wasnt happy to notice that the offline notifications only work if you have mobileme or some microsoft exchange or w.e crap i was dissapointed in that. Looks great but 16 bucks is ridiculous or maybe just to me. BTW i want to jailbreak my phone but im still on the border about it and im fine without th jailbroken apps although i really like what the dark side has to offer. :) but i tried to jailbreak my iphone a week ago and i ccouldnt it said something about me needing some .net framework stuff and soon later i got a virus on my computer:mad: this got me very mad and sadd and i would really like some help.

Voltaic Shock

Sep 16, 2008
Visit site
i have been waiting for beejive im so that i wont have to use palringo anymore but 16 buckss!!! i would rather save money and have palringo which isnt that bad. Although beejive integrates a landscape mode and i find that very appealing. I wasnt happy to notice that the offline notifications only work if you have mobileme or some microsoft exchange or w.e crap i was dissapointed in that. Looks great but 16 bucks is ridiculous or maybe just to me. BTW i want to jailbreak my phone but im still on the border about it and im fine without th jailbroken apps although i really like what the dark side has to offer. :) but i tried to jailbreak my iphone a week ago and i ccouldnt it said something about me needing some .net framework stuff and soon later i got a virus on my computer:mad: this got me very mad and sadd and i would really like some help.

I read on another forum that you can user your_ten_digit_number"at"att . txt . com (or something like that), and you will get a text message from BeeJive instead of an e-mail. The only issue is this eats up your text messages if you don?t have unlimited.

taroliw

Apr 5, 2005
www.billsden.org
i have been waiting for beejive im so that i wont have to use palringo anymore but 16 buckss!!! i would rather save money and have palringo which isnt that bad.
Yeah, I've played that game of waiting for developers who don't get paid to add features to their apps. Expect to be waiting a long time. Heck, even some paid situations don't have good outcomes. While you're waiting, we'll be experiencing a really great IM client.

I wasnt happy to notice that the offline notifications only work if you have mobileme or some microsoft exchange or w.e crap i was dissapointed in that.
Well, that's pretty much all we've got until Apple does it's cranio-rectal inversion and gets notifications going in the SDK. As far as I've been able to find, none of the folks who did IM clients for jailbroken 1.x OS have revised their apps to work on 2.x.

Looks great but 16 bucks is ridiculous or maybe just to me.
Sometimes you just need to pay for the good stuff. I've used a fair number of wireless IM clients in my time, and none of the "free" ones ever disproved the saying "you get what you pay for." And you should be really glad you don't own a Blackberry, or this sweet little app would cost you $20! OMG...

BTW i want to jailbreak my phone but im still on the border about it and im fine without th jailbroken apps although i really like what the dark side has to offer. :)
Oh, Snapture (commercial... what? jailbbroken apps that cost something??) and Cycorder (free) /by themselves/ make jailbreaking completely worth it. Sadly, I've noticed that none of the jailbroken IM apps have come to 2.x, though. :(

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I read on another forum that you can user your_ten_digit_number"at"att . txt . com (or something like that), and you will get a text message from BeeJive instead of an e-mail. The only issue is this eats up your text messages if you don?t have unlimited.

Close,
[10-digit phone number]@txt.att.net

Works perfectly.

taroliw

Apr 5, 2005
www.billsden.org
Close,
[10-digit phone number]@txt.att.net

Works perfectly.

I tried that once on Sunday and got what appeared to be HTML trying to render in the SMS message, causing issues. A coworker showed me his results so I tried it again and it works great. And considering MobileMe push is sucking right now with 2.1, SMS is a great option as long as you have a plan where it won't cost you. :)

I am in love with this IM tool. I dare say I like this interface much more than the best Treo IM products I ever used. squee! squee! squee!!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I tried that once on Sunday and got what appeared to be HTML trying to render in the SMS message, causing issues. A coworker showed me his results so I tried it again and it works great. And considering MobileMe push is sucking right now with 2.1, SMS is a great option as long as you have a plan where it won't cost you. :)

I am in love with this IM tool. I dare say I like this interface much more than the best Treo IM products I ever used. squee! squee! squee!!

Just caved in and decided why not... and so far so good. And it works when I'm not in the app! About time someone got it right. And alerts via text works well.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
So pissed I bought MobileChat 3. That was the worst excuse for a chat application. I'm sticking with Palringo for now until there's something that really makes me want to spend $16 on an IM app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2