Prices always drop after I purchase an app!

byron92806

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
I am not going to be so fast at purchasing brand now apps now. I know of at least 5 apps that I have bought at full price and then the developer drops the price. Yeah, it's not a lot of money but it is the principal. Start the price off low and raise the price if you improve the app. Or something like that. What is fair? I have not been disappointed in any of these apps but I would have been happy to pay the new lower price.

Apps that lowered prices...
Band
Piano
Guitarist
Sketches
and a couple of others I can't think of right now.

Reactions: hermdog

mikecc

Aug 21, 2007
www.icellphonedeals.com
How much did they lower the price by? I always wait a few weeks to check for ratings and reviews first before buying new apps. Can't we get price adjustment within 14 days like in retailer stores?

thebrain2u

Sep 18, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, I felt the burn when the first app I bought was Aquaforest, only to have it go free for a few days after. I love Appsniper now, it's awesome, saves me money.

blakejackson

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
I remember studying this money making strategy in Economics in college. Basically, the product is released at a high price, so everyone who is willing to spend that much money gets it first. Once those people are gone and sales stop dropping, the price lowers to bring in more sales. Apple did the same thing when they released the original iPhone for $600 then dropped it to $400 a few months later. It's a smart strategy for the seller, but it's pretty much sticking it to your most loyal customers.

mcoyle

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
@byron92806, Do me a favor and let me know when you buy an app. Then I'll know to hold off for a few days till the price drops.

;-)

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
The good thing is you can act like a bad ass when you have something before everyone else which has some value if you are that type of person that cares enough to wait in line on the first day of the sale :)

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
I discovered an app in the app store calls app sniper. It helps you watch for apps that go in sale or for free. Check it out. It has saved me a few bucks.

rustcycle

Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I remember studying this money making strategy in Economics in college. Basically, the product is released at a high price, so everyone who is willing to spend that much money gets it first. Once those people are gone and sales stop dropping, the price lowers to bring in more sales. Apple did the same thing when they released the original iPhone for $600 then dropped it to $400 a few months later. It's a smart strategy for the seller, but it's pretty much sticking it to your most loyal customers.

Econ 101++ :)

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
The video game industry does that with PC games.
They make 80%-90% of their entire sales within the first few weeks. That's why the price always drops after about a month after they're released.
I Vowed to never buy a PC game for full price because the price always drops so fast.
Console games are different. You could wait a year before they drop.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro