Review: Solitaire City Deluxe

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
A collection of solitaire games, this is a nice package presentation. It includes over 60 solitaire variations - from classics like Klondike and Free Cell to ones I have never heard of like Tri Peaks and Eliminator. It is very customizable, allowing you to choose a background, a deck pattern, all sort of stuff. You can even choose the specific rules for the game you play (giving each rule combination a specific number). Me, I am a Klondike rule 11 kind of guy - draw three cards, Vegas rules.

When you play, you are playing against the clock, trying to finish as fast as possible. When you are finished, if you get a high enough score you can upload it and compare it to the best from the day, the week, or your personal best.

The graphics are nice, sound effects add a nice touch, and you can play in veritical or landscape mode. It is easy to move piles around with your fingers, and the controls are very responsive.

It does have a nice feature where the game will let you know if you have no moves remaining. However, I have found that to be a little unreliable (at least with the rules I am playing with) and have actually finished games by moving partial piles around to free up cards, AFTER I have been told there are no moves left. More often than not, however, it is correct.

At $7.99, the game is a little pricey, but there is a lot of variety and many game options available. I do wish they had a wider selection of card sets (or even using pictures from the camera roll for the card backs!) but it makes up for it with the selection of game options available to you.

Pros: Lots of different game, lots of variations.
Cons: Not cheap, limited card sets to choose from.

All in all: I have found this game to be worthwhile, and is probably one of the top five games I play on the iPhone. I enjoy card games, and the variety of options are great. I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Chris

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2