'Best gaming device on the market' iPod Touch?

ironcell

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Steve Jobs made a rather large sweeping statement, when he declared the iPod Touch as the "Best gaming device on the market". Now of course the first thing that comes to everyone's mind is what about the PSP and DS, and how on earth could the iPhone ever compare to those two?

Instead of just saying Steve Jobs doesn't know what he's talking about, lets entertain the idea that the iPod Touch could possibly be the best gaming device on the market.

Lets try to list pros/cons of gaming on the iPod Touch/iPhone vs PSP/DS, I'll kick things off with my biggest gripe about PSP/DS.

Pro, digital distribution of games, no more carrying around stacks of PSP UMDs or DS cartridges, or having to pick and choose which games you really want to bring with you, or even having to constantly switch UMD/cartridges anytime you switch games.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
If you think about it... the iPhone can be compared to a Wii... completely different approach to video games and Cube with a different type of controller. Why can't the iPhone pull this off? I don't see any reason why it can't. It' proven that the graphics can compete with the DS as well as the PSP. And I think we will see developers continue to create better looking games and incorporate the iPhones unique controls even better. All in due time.

mikecc

Aug 21, 2007
www.icellphonedeals.com
The iPhone has stepped into the turf traditionally occupied by DS and PSP. I have doubt that iPhone will one day completely sweep them away. If all the DS and PSP games are available on iPhone, who will still bother to buy the cartridges? Apple has revolutionize they way people listen and purchase music, now they are going to do the same in the gaming industry.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The iPhone has stepped into the turf traditionally occupied by DS and PSP. I have doubt that iPhone will one day completely sweep them away. If all the DS and PSP games are available on iPhone, who will still bother to buy the cartridges? Apple has revolutionize they way people listen and purchase music, now they are going to do the same in the gaming industry.

Sweep them away? No chance. Apple may open up the gaming industry on cell phones but I don't think it will really be known as a "gaming" only device.

iphonetom

Sep 8, 2008
www.iphone-accessories.com
Sweep them away? No chance. Apple may open up the gaming industry on cell phones but I don't think it will really be known as a "gaming" only device.

I agree, I can't see this happening. They will dominate cell phone gaming ofcourse, but serious gamers won't ever buy an iPhone for the prime reason of playing games...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I agree, I can't see this happening. They will dominate cell phone gaming ofcourse, but serious gamers won't ever buy an iPhone for the prime reason of playing games...

I won't go as far as saying never... The more iPhones that sell and people realize that it is a good platform for gaming, word may get around and that may stop that person from going out and buying a PSP or DS in the future. It's possible...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox