Need Timed Profiles
I just switched to the iPhone 3G after years as a Treo user. One capability that was built for the Treo that I could really use on the iPhone is timed profiles. Most cel phones have some form of profile capability. Some allow profile selection to be attached to TOD.
Profiles allows you to attach certain settings: ringtones, vibrate only, call forwarding status, etc. to a profile that can be selected via a button or other UI. Timed profiles allow profiles to be activated and de-activated automatically at certain times of day. For example, I forward my iPhone to my work bb during working hours. On the Treo, this was all done automatically for me using a third party profiles app. On the iPhone, I have to do it manually. Even worse, my work phone number is not saved by the phone app for forwarding, so I have to re-enter it every time.
I don't see any application that does this for the iPhone today. Does anybody know of one or if someone is working on such?
- 12-01-2009, 01:09 AM #2iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
Use Auto Silent app to emulate profiles
You can use "Auto Silent" app available on Cydia to all this. You can create your own schedule, custom profile for each schedule, it automatically syncs with calendar. Its good!!
Here is the list pulled from dev site:
* Do you ever forget to put your iPhone in silent mode?
* Do you ever get disturbed by that iPhone alert?
* Ever missed that important call because you forgot to turn off that silent switch?
* Is your iPhone Silent Switch broken or loose?
* App puts your iPhone into silent mode automatically, when it's important.
* App turns on sounds automatically once the meeting or "Do not disturb" time is over.
* App can Bypass/Disable iPhone Silent Switch - Get sounds back.
* No need to remember to put phone into silent mode
* Phone goes into silent mode automatically during meetings and in night
* Sound settings automatically gets restored once meeting is over or when you wake up in the morning
* Only settings configured by you are applied. e.g: Alarm stays ON even in silent mode
* Runs in background, no need to keep app open
* Enjoy the sleep without any interruption
* Attend meetings without getting embarrassed
- 12-01-2009, 09:03 AM #3