What's your favorite Apps?

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone!
Just wondering what everyone's favorite Apps were.

Mine are: Midomi, Yelp, The Dark Night, eBay, SnapMyLife, Matches (which I highly recommend), and BreakClassic.

How about you?

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
JOTT!!!!! (Obsessed with it. Everyone should have it IMO... FREE!)
Yelp (for when I travel and need to get opinions on the best restaurants)
Bejeweled2 (never played this game before but I LOVE it on the iPhone)
FireWords (great word puzzle game)
BoxOffice (one click and I can see local show times.. yes please!)
Restaurants (yes.. some times I watch what I eat when I eat out... and often I am horrified when I find out that the menu items are over 2,000 calories without fries and I make a different choice)
Cubes Lite (free version I am just starting to get addicted to)
Pandora (free music on your iPhone!)
Jawbreaker (figuring out that I love puzzle games yet? This is like those balloon pop games.. and it's free)
Tip (tells me how much to tip and is FREE and the easiest of the free tip apps)
Save Benjis (has been helpful a couple times when I have been searching for new electronics when I have been out. Last week I almost purchased a new printer at a local mega-store but looked it up on Save Benjis and saw it for $35 less elsewhere. For a free app it is making me money... probably about $100 so far)
More Cowbell (cuz sometimes ya gotta have more cowbell!!!)

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
SplashShopper
iProcrastinate - Task application
WeatherBug
Twitterrific
BoxOffice
Remote
Weight Track
Shazam
Yelp
Loopt
Clowdy
Facebook
Urbanspoon
PageOnce
Zenbe
iPhunny
MLB At Bat
Hold Em
iPint
SudokuFree
Cookie Solitaire
Hangman
Labyrinth LE
CarrieDots
Football Lite
TicTacToe
BreakClassic
CEO Bingo
Peg Jump
ShufflePuck
JawBreaker

Those are the ones I use the most. Still testing a few more to see if they make the cut...

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
If had to pick just one it would be NetNewsWire. There's something very right and compelling about RSS on a mobile device and this app's executed extremely well. The interface is clean and simple (and avoids the mistakes some of the other iPhone RSS apps make) and has a terrific, minimalist browser that renders just as well as Safari but has none of Safari's instability. Just one thing I'd like to see added: browser screen rotation.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
AIM
Twitterrific
Google Mobile App

Monkey Ball is addictive, but I haven't play it in a while.

I also just d/led Crash Bandicoot, but have yet to try it out.

Aug 12, 2008
Visit site
Copied from my post at iLounge (because I am lazy)

I haven't paid for any apps yet, I don't mind paying for a quality app but I would like to know what I am getting first. Why no previews or free trials? It also seems that many free apps are as good or better than the paid ones.

My favs (all free)-

Shazam - hold the iphone up to any music source and it will identify the song :cool:

Zenbe - Allows you to create lists on your computer or iPhone and sync them. If you check off items they drop to the bottom of the list or you can delete them. I find it much easier to create lists on my computer but it is nice to be able to add things on my iphone. It was a little confusing figuring out what part of zenbe synced with the iphone (lists.zenbe.com) but now that I have it set up it's great.

iWant - There are several apps that use GPS and yelp to find businesses near you but I have had the best luck with iWant. You can adjust the distance in the settings.

Places - Same idea as iWant but I don't like it as much. It gives businesses within 1 mile then allows you to touch to expand your search distance.

HereiAm - Finds you location and allows you to email it to someone. If they have an iPhone or are on a computer they can click the link to see your location in google maps. Since you can email yourself it seems like a great way to mark your location instead of the paid 'remember where I parked' app.

Weatherbug - better than the included weather app.

InstaPaper - Mark articles on your computer hat you want to read at a later date and the are saved for you. Most articles are converted to be easily read on the iPhone.

Solfree - Decent little solitaire app, hey it's free.

Nuevasync - not an app but works great for syncing your google calender with th iphone calender

wonderwall

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Facebook

I am not a big fan of social networking sites. I have successfully avoided creating a MySpace or Bebo account and until recently, I never intended joining Facebook either. Then I heard from an old school friend out of the blue and he suggested I join Facebook, so we could keep in touch that way and share photos - so I did. Since then, I have been on Facebook every day!

ErikJeanna

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
There is no "must have's" as a general list. It solely depends on what you're into...

FOR EVERYDAY USE...
White Pages
Air Sharing
Pandora Radio
Facebook
eBay
Remote
Wikipanion
White Noise (for bedtime)
Units
Pageonce
Spanish
Trulia
Earthscape

FOR FUN...
GreenFinder
Hold'em
21 Pro
Spore
Movies
FlyCast
Drinks
Shazam
Solitaire
Slots
Cro-Mag (for my toddlers)
iDoodle2 (for my toddlers)
Matches
Air Hockey
Breakout
Dactyl
iGolf

ihateallex

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
Showtimes

I love Showtimes. It's the best movie app out there!

But I also like Facebook, LineRider, Sportacular, Remote, Pandora, Tap Tap Revenge, Spore, and Munch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711