no more apps for me thanks!

rugerio

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
I've had my first gen iphone since day one, Nov 9th. 630pm to be precise. Never had a moments problem with it, and have loved every second of owning it. Then along comes 2.0 software and the APP store. Like most others I thought it great, updated my software, and started downloading apps. about a dozen altogether, some paid for, some free. Since then I've had nothing but trouble with the phone, it's gone sluggish, apps kept crashing, and some causing the iphone to reset itself. Well this evening it surpassed itself, I couldn't get past the 4 digit login screen, the numbers wouldn't register, I tried holding down the on off button, it wouldn't do a thing, I ended up having to restore it via itunes. That is something I have never had to do before.

So I have uninstalled all apps, and won't be bothering in future. Unless something changes drastically in the app store, I've a feeling I will be one of many giving not bothering with it in future. Apple needs to sort this out quick.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
An update is already in the works from Apple. Hopefully for you it clears up all of the issues you are having.

rugerio

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
as a question... how did you install all these apps? via iTunes, or on the iPhone?

Some directly on the phone, some from itunes app store.
Having a look around the internet, this seems to be quite a widespread problem. Apparently something to do with Apple not giving out the code for people to test their apps on. I might have that wrong, but it seems like a problem that a simple update isn't going to solve, time will tell I suppose, but for now at least I'm keeping well out of the way of the app store.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
the reason I asked is due to my current test. Instead of installing via the phone, I have hadsome success lately by recovering the phone and allowing iTunes to install the software instead of the phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods