Color Rise

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Color Rise is a Tetris like game, where sets of three color balls fall down a cylinder. Your goal is to try to get three colors in a row (or more) to make the balls vanish.

Because you are using balls (unlike the other version of the game they made, I think called Square Rise or something like that), you have to consider how the triangular pattern will "settle" when it hits the bottom. Rarely will it stay the same shape - one ball may continue to fall into the empty space below as the other balls settle on top of an existing column.

In addition, you can rotate the cylinder, giving you a 3-d playing field - you can spin all the way around if you like. By tapping the screen, you can rotate the order of the balls.

It would have been nice, IMO, if there were more than just the triangular pattern of falling balls, but this is a nice change from the classic tetris game. I am still getting the hang of it, and it seems at times it is too difficult to get three matching colors together. But I suppose that is what practive is for.

I give it 3.5 out of 5 stars for its new concept, but I wish they had taken it farther. The game play is simply and responsive, no problems there.

Chris

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2