Is there a way to erase history of searches in the Maps app?

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Im the maps app when you click on search it shows all the previous searches when you are typing. How do I get rid of past searches? I deleted my history and cookies and still a no go.

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
You probably can't change that from the UI. The only way is to do a restore.

Correction: I shouldn't have opened my big fat mouth. taylorh figured it out. :eek:

Last edited:

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
"Waiter, there is a fly in my soup." "Don't worry, Sir. He won't drink much." Those old searches contain potentially useful information and they do not take much space."

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
That kind of sucks. Not much of a big deal but its like my computer I hate it keeping track of everything so thats why I have it cleared on here. Wish there was a way to change it on the phone.

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
Yes, you can clear the search.
First, in the search bar click the "X" to clear the text.
Then you'll see a blue "book" icon at the right side of the search bar, click it.
It opens up an interface that has "Bookmarks / Recents / Contacts".
For "Recents" just click 'clear' and confirm 'Clear all recents'
For "Bookmarks" click 'edit' to remove them.
img0001eke4.png
img0002eyj8.png

img0010ma0.png
img0009yx3.png

IMG_0005.png

Last edited:

lad511

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Click on Maps in the top right hand corner next to the test bar their is a icon that looks like a open book. Click it once there you will see three choices on the bottom, Bookmarks, Recents, and Contacts. Click on Recents. You will see all your searches press clear. This will clear all searches.

Dramm

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello taylorh,
I just wanted to THANK YOU for this post! I'm new to the whole iPhone 5 and when I could not delete the info, I called Apple Tech Support. The tech support rep put in a route on her phone and put me on hold. While I was on hold, I did a search and this forum came up. I followed the directions while on hold and all is clear! The tech support rep came back and said it could not be cleared. I did not have the heart to tell her...

texasjack1

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
i'm an old guy and some of these modern techno crap manuals don't explain anything in simple understandable English any more. Your simple, plain speak i understood and it worked fine!!!
THANKS