Replacement for Newsbreak

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
I used to use Newsbreak on my PPC, and now I need a replacement. I'm assuming it can all be done with some sort of online news aggregator, but I don't know where the best place to start.

Can anybody give me a good recommendation of an application or website that can aggregate all my news feeds in one place?

Thanks

speced

Jun 7, 2008
Visit site
newsgator.com would be a great place to start. they have an iphone app called netnewswire that is one of the best for rss feed aggregating.

mszatny

Oct 24, 2000
Visit site
I'm also looking for a NewsBreak replacement...what sort of podcast support does NetNewsWire have? Can it automatically download podcasts from an RSS feed? Where does it store them? How do you play them?

MS

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
Thanks. I'll give it a look. Have you used it?

msztany, now that I have an iphone....I'm using iTunes for my podcasts. So far so good.

mszatny

Oct 24, 2000
Visit site
Yes, I'm also currently using iTunes for podcasts, but I'd like some way to update them without connecting to my PC.

MS

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
For purely RSS, I use Google Reader. It's not an offline product, but it is nice to have what I have read sycn online. I use iTunes for my podcasts, so I am not sure if it handles podcasts.

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
I'm really liking Google Reader. With Newsbreak, some feeds would only have the intro paragraph, Reader seems to get most feeds complete and most with pictures.

I wish there was a way to read off line. But I think I'm out of luck.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
by the way... netnewswire is QUITE buggy... its crashed my iphone consistently once a day for the past 6 days...