Runkeeper

RunKeeper

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I completely agree about wanting a program that will keep a running/biking history. Tracking things such as time, distance, avg pace, splits. Then it logs everything into a history so you can review and log past runs. Then tying in Google's excellent search features so one can go search past runs by location (city or state) or any of the above stats. This could lead to saving $300+ by not buying a Garmin Forerunner.

Hi, good news for you, what you are describing is exactly what my company has built. We are launching an app shortly in the app store called RunKeeper that will enable you to use the built-in GPS in the new iPhones to track all of your runs (time, distance, pace, and speed) and keep all of your run history. You will also be able to view them on a central web dashboard as well as the corresponding route on a map. You can see a screen shot of the app and sign up to be notified when we go live at RunKeeper - Coming soon for 3G iPhones!. You can also email us with any questions/feedback at info@runkeeper.com.

kilsey

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Hi, good news for you, what you are describing is exactly what my company has built. We are launching an app shortly in the app store called RunKeeper that will enable you to use the built-in GPS in the new iPhones to track all of your runs (time, distance, pace, and speed) and keep all of your run history. You will also be able to view them on a central web dashboard as well as the corresponding route on a map. You can see a screen shot of the app and sign up to be notified when we go live at RunKeeper - Coming soon for 3G iPhones!. You can also email us with any questions/feedback at info@runkeeper.com.

I signed up to be notified, but am curious - will the results integrate with Motion-based or TrailrunnerX? Or is it all on your site?

Thanks!

RunKeeper

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I signed up to be notified, but am curious - will the results integrate with Motion-based or TrailrunnerX? Or is it all on your site?

Thanks!

Our app will enable the iPhone to collect the data from your runs, and you can view all of your historical info on our website. Our plan is to build a 'device agnostic' website that integrates with the iPhone initially, and ultimately integrates with many devices, including gps watches and emerging mobile devices. I see your point though, that you would like our iPhone app to feed the data into other websites you are currently using. We haven't started down that path yet, but point taken, and we will continue to evaluate it as our site evolves.

Last edited:

RunKeeper

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Looks promising. I also signed up to be notified. Any sync details available (possible price, etc)?

Here's what I can share today: The app has been built and is running on our devices as we are in the final stages of testing it. We should be submitting it to Apple to publish in the app store this week if all goes well, and then it is in Apple's hands as far as when it will be available to you. We are planning to charge for it, although we haven't finalized a price. I can assure you it will be orders of magnitude less than your GPS watch :)

kilsey

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Here's what I can share today: The app has been built and is running on our devices as we are in the final stages of testing it. We should be submitting it to Apple to publish in the app store this week if all goes well, and then it is in Apple's hands as far as when it will be available to you. We are planning to charge for it, although we haven't finalized a price. I can assure you it will be orders of magnitude less than your GPS watch :)

Hm, if you're charging for the service/website, I would assume the app will be ver low/no cost then?

And I was more referring to data portability. On motion-based, I can download .gpx files of all of my runs for use in other applications.

Thanks!
-kilsey

RunKeeper

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Hm, if you're charging for the service/website, I would assume the app will be ver low/no cost then?

And I was more referring to data portability. On motion-based, I can download .gpx files of all of my runs for use in other applications.

Thanks!
-kilsey

The website will actually be free to end-users. We may have an optional premium version with advanced functionality down the road but there will always be a basic free version.

In terms of data portability, this is a good suggestion. We do plan to offer this, but not in version 1. Keep the suggestions coming, this is valuable input!

Jason

kilsey

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
The website will actually be free to end-users. We may have an optional premium version with advanced functionality down the road but there will always be a basic free version.

In terms of data portability, this is a good suggestion. We do plan to offer this, but not in version 1. Keep the suggestions coming, this is valuable input!

Jason

Jason,

That's actually very good to hear - that puts you on par with motionbased.com (Garmin's site), who also offers a free and premium version of their services.

Looking forward to taking a look at the app on launch!

-kilsey

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2