Some apps closing right after opening??

bandofgypsies

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Some of my apps close right after I open them. For example, if I open eBay or Facebook apps, I see the main page for about a second or two, then it goes back to the home screen. Why is it doing this?

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I have had that happen to a few. Usually if it starts happening to one, it seems to "spread" to others. I have turned my phone off and on, and it seems to fix the problem.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It is a good idea to install one app at a time while syncing. Also after you install a app its always a good idea to reset the phone. When I install stuff that way I don't see any slow down or crashes.

trevor#IM

Jul 14, 2008
www.crackberry.com
I have had that happen to a few. Usually if it starts happening to one, it seems to "spread" to others. I have turned my phone off and on, and it seems to fix the problem.

I have had this happen to me too. Restart fixed it.

I had this happen not only with applications I added, but also while using coverflow. I would be flicking thru and it would just exit to the home screen. Again, a restart fixed the problem. No issues since. *knock on wood*

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I have had an issue with cover flow where some of the covers vanish. They don't have the black screen with the music note, but the cover is just gone (the album title still appears in the bottom).

edit - next day. It's been happening again a little bit. Albums which I know had cover art have it missing on the iPhone (with just a black screen). Some of the album art appears to take up half the screen and the rest is black. Turning the phone on and off doesn't help.

CHris

Last edited:

mad6c

Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
I just started seeing this. Yesterday it was fine now any app that downloaded from the app store exits immeditely after opening. All the built in apple apps load fine. It only started today after a sync yesterday.

It appears to be some sort of authorization issue. I downloaded a new app that was not on the phone during the sync and it loads.

Mike

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
The going back to home screen is your phone crashing. Instead of feezing completely which the phone will do on occassion, it will usually close the apps and take you back to the home screen (more elegant than how other phones handle RAM shortages). In the first gen phone, Safari was usually the only app that would cause this. But, now, with apps that demand alot of RAM to run... you will most likely see more crashes. This is why Jobs was hesitant to allow third party apps.

A soft reset will usually release all tied up RAM. Memory leak... thought I left that behind when I switched from the Touch.

NitruS

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
yup I had this happen on my NY times app a lot...

1) reset phone
2) add apps separately through syncing

thanks for your insight rljc99, RAM is making me think twice about adding all these apps

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73