TeleNav Coming Soon... "subscription"?

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
Here is the link to Gizmodo that talks about TeleNav coming soon to an iPhone near you:
GPS: TeleNav Confirms iPhone In-Car Navigation App

While they note it will be an App and NOT a subscription service from AT&T, there are a couple apps online already that say, "19.99 for ONE YEAR." So, technically TeleNav could charge up to $99 for a year of service.

Is it worth it to you at this "subscription" rate? If not, what would you be willing to pay? Yearly or once?

burnsaa

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
Well isnt TomTom like $100 just flat out so I dont think I would be paying $99 a year when I could just wait and buy the maps flat out. But on another note Thank god they are letting in turn by turn gps apps!

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
There's no way they would pass up on that. I will give AT&T props for not crippling the GPS like Verizon does (thereby forcing you into VZNavigator) but yes, they'll be whoring TeleNav for $9.99 per month I'm sure. On the bright side, I currently have & use it on my BB8310 and it really is a great navigation service. Maps are as updated as they get, search function is good, and the routing & rerouting, even over EDGE, are practically real time. Very happy with it and I'll pay $10/month X 24 months = $240 total versus say my GF's Garmin Nuvi 260 which runs $220 off Amazon and then will require map updates @ $75 a pop over the next two years. I get a cell phone allowance so it's free via TeleNav and when you travel a lot for a living, trust me - one less thing to loose, carry, charge, etc. is a Godsend. If you're a frequent business traveler, you'll understand. I just want to get off the fuggin' cattle car, get my rental car (Avis First is sweet - they'll get to you sooner than you can pull the card all the way out with keys, a newspaper and what slot # your car is in), punch in the hotel I'm staying at, throw the phone on the dash and let it does it's thing. $6 iPod grippy mat works great for the blackberry currently - stays rolled up & in the briefcase for trips.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Any idea/rumors as to where the maps will be held on the iPhone of downloaded as needed (like Sprint's TeleNav)?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I don't see what is wrong with the current google maps and gps on the phone already... Sure turn by turn would be nice but I've used the gps as is a few times and it's fine. Quick glance at the screen to see where you are going, etc... I'd never pay for turn by turn. Just my opinion.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Needless to say, I would prefer TomTom but I will buy the TeleNav if, and only if, the maps are on the phone and permit advance planning.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Here is the link to Gizmodo that talks about TeleNav coming soon to an iPhone near you:
GPS: TeleNav Confirms iPhone In-Car Navigation App

While they note it will be an App and NOT a subscription service from AT&T, there are a couple apps online already that say, "19.99 for ONE YEAR." So, technically TeleNav could charge up to $99 for a year of service.

Is it worth it to you at this "subscription" rate? If not, what would you be willing to pay? Yearly or once?
Once. I cannot tell you why but I prefer to pay once.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen