If you make your own app, can you run it on YOUR iphone?

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
since like 4000 applicants have been able to write and publish applications to the App store, how can someone write their own application and use it on their iphone? i'd be interested in learning the programming language if that were possible.

BeyondtheTech

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
You have to have the SDK, be signed into a Developer Program ($99 or $299 a year), get a code-signing certificate, and have the beta firmware that will allow you to upload and test your applications on a physical iPhone. To get started, check out iPhone Dev Center

jasonact

May 30, 2008
www.jasonmartinmft.com
You have to have the SDK, be signed into a Developer Program ($99 or $299 a year), get a code-signing certificate, and have the beta firmware that will allow you to upload and test your applications on a physical iPhone. To get started, check out iPhone Dev Center

Hold on, though. Isn't that's to get into the Developer Program? What if I just want to use the SDK to write my own code to use ONLY on my iPhone. Is there a vehicle for doing that, not involving paying Apple $99 to put something on my phone and my phone only?

BeyondtheTech

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
You still need to get into the Developer Program in order to obtain Development/Distribution Certificates that will sign your code in order to run it on a physical device. The new iPhone/iPod Touch firmware will only run signed code.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711