Transferring iPhone pics to PC

nmprofessional

Jun 19, 2003
www.nmprofessional.com
I come to the iPhone from a Treo. On the Treo I would store allof my pics on a memory card and transfer them to the PC.

On the iPhone, when I plug it in I know that I can select a pic program as the default location to have the iPhone transfer the photos to.

My question is, when the photo go from the iPhone to the PC do they get deleted from the iPhone. I wanted to keep the photos on the iPhone and a copy on the PC.

How does it work?

WatersWest

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
NMProfessional, if nothing else, you could always e-mail them to yourself and then pull them off your desktop e-mail (Not exactly an ideal solution, but would probably work).

tschertz01

Mar 11, 2008
Visit site
The only problem with emailing them to yourself, besides the time involved, is that the iPhone downscales the photos for the email so you don't get the same resolution photo. What I have done is skip the part (click cancel) where Windows wants you to choose the program to import the photos. I then open "My Computer" and look for the camera under the list of hard drives and such and open that. I then just drag all the photos I want to a folder on my Desktop or "My Documents" folder. One caveat though is that all the photos are on their sides but it's simple enough to rotate the images to the proper orientation.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I thought that itunes would sync them back down to your pc

The pictures you take on the phone go into a directory called "Camera Roll". These pictures for some reason do not sync up to your pc. Now you can create numerous other folders with pictures such as "Family", "Friends", etc... and those will sync with the pc and phone. To get the pictures off the camera roll all you have to do is have the phone connected, and go to my computer and you will see the iPhone picked up as a digital camera. The pictures are right there just copy and paste them into your appropriate folder for syncing. Hope this helps.

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
The pictures you take on the phone go into a directory called "Camera Roll". These pictures for some reason do not sync up to your pc. Now you can create numerous other folders with pictures such as "Family", "Friends", etc... and those will sync with the pc and phone. To get the pictures off the camera roll all you have to do is have the phone connected, and go to my computer and you will see the iPhone picked up as a digital camera. The pictures are right there just copy and paste them into your appropriate folder for syncing. Hope this helps.

cool, thanks for the tip, do all the pics on the iphone come out at 320 x 480 or can it be upped to 2 megapixel capture quality

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
cool, thanks for the tip, do all the pics on the iphone come out at 320 x 480 or can it be upped to 2 megapixel capture quality

The camera is really simplistic, there are no options what so ever that you can change. So all of the pictures are captured at 2 megapixels.

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
The camera is really simplistic, there are no options what so ever that you can change. So all of the pictures are captured at 2 megapixels.

that sucks, i guess that's why so many people were complaining about it, I was hoping it wasn't as bad as I have read

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
that sucks, i guess that's why so many people were complaining about it, I was hoping it wasn't as bad as I have read

I wouldn't say it sucks I'm guessing that they took the best possible camera they could put along with the best possible settings for it and that's what we get. Sure the left out some features like zoom, etc... but those usually are not the best anyways. It could be a lot worse.

jasonact

May 30, 2008
www.jasonmartinmft.com
I wouldn't say it sucks I'm guessing that they took the best possible camera they could put along with the best possible settings for it and that's what we get. Sure the left out some features like zoom, etc... but those usually are not the best anyways. It could be a lot worse.

Frankly, as camera phones go, the iPhone is average. There are better, and there are worse, but the iPhone is in line with the majority of camera phones on the market nowadays. Anyone really wanting to take good pictures should probably have a dedicated camera anyway, regardless of the kind of camera their phone has, so I don't think it's a huge loss.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Frankly, as camera phones go, the iPhone is average. There are better, and there are worse, but the iPhone is in line with the majority of camera phones on the market nowadays. Anyone really wanting to take good pictures should probably have a dedicated camera anyway, regardless of the kind of camera their phone has, so I don't think it's a huge loss.

I couldn't agree more.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods