What Password App Do Most Of You Use And Why ( 1Password - Password Keeper Etc)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I would like to know what are or is your favorite Password app if you use one and why especially on iPhone 4S.

Thanks for the reply as I am using one now but with the sale on apps in iTunes I might upgrade to paying for one where the one I am using now is free ( I am using Password Keeper)

Thanks to all for replying.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I use 1Password. Don't have any idea if it is the "best" but it suits my needs just fine. I use it on my iPhone and iPad and on my Mac. I really like the browser integration-Safari, Firefox and Chrome-and that I can use Dropbox to sync it between devices. I use it not just for passwords but all "wallet" sort of items. I don't know now what I'd do without it.

One word of caution though is that they are putting out a new version soon and it will be a paid upgrade. The new version will be offered half price for some period of time though.

Thanks for the replay and I notice that the article on iMore about apps in iTunes mentions 1Password very highly and it is presently selling for $6.99 for an indefinite time. I was reading about what you can do with it as opposed to what I am using now but just son't know if even at the current price it would be worth it since Password Keeper does what i want. I appreciate your input.

PS Do you live in D.C. or from there? I was born and raised there and Northern Va.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Sure! Figured its quicker than waiting for more posts but you will still get new input here. I like Lastpass. :)

Just read the thread and it goes from all over the map with Lastpass and 1Password being the top 2. I have to say that since I have been using Keeper or Password Keeper either one I have had good luck and it backs up and syncs, one click to the website if you have one in place and also randomly will choose military grade passwords if you want. A solid and highly rated app. Thank you for the help and i will keep monitoring what others have to say.

PS Like I asked the other poster above who is from D.C. I notice you are from Northern Va. I was born in D.C. and grew up and graduated HS in Northern Va. (Alexandria) :)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If what you're using works for you then keep at it unless you hear of any security flaws. I like with Lastpass that they have a feature if a well known site is hacked they can let you know if your password is on a list of published compromised passwords.

Living in NoVA - went to Annandale HS but many moons ago! :)

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm an mSecure user. Works well for me, got it on sale and its universal so it syncs between my iPhone and iPads so my full list is always up to date no matter what device I'm using.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If what you're using works for you then keep at it unless you hear of any security flaws. I like with Lastpass that they have a feature if a well known site is hacked they can let you know if your password is on a list of published compromised passwords.

Living in NoVA - went to Annandale HS but many moons ago! :)

OMG Went to Thomas Jefferson many moons ago....1972 graduated. Played Annandale in Football and i wrestled Varsity many Annandale boys and beat them. :)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok you have a few more moons than me :) I should have gone to Jefferson (though I lived closer to Annandale) but it changed to S&T right about the time I would have gone. ;)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok you have a few more moons than me :) I should have gone to Jefferson (though I lived closer to Annandale) but it changed to S&T right about the time I would have gone. ;)

It sure did as I was surprized after a few HS reunions. Both schools were great schools though. Anyway nice chatting and thank you for the app info I asked about, feel free to stay in touch.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
DataVault. More options and better support. You can pm me directly for support! :)

:) I second Alli's DataVault suggestion as well!! In addition, when your usb'd to iTunes, you can right click on the DataVault file and save it to a folder on your home screen on your laptop/desktop (or where ever you'd like to save it to)

jbonnot03

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I use SplashID. I like having a desktop app to go with it as it is much easier to enter passwords the first time via desktop. Also, I am able to keep the same info synced on my laptop, iPad and iPhone.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Born and raised in NoVA (Manassas). Currently living in McLean. So yep Annandale is close by. Almost went the Thomas Jefferson (after it was S&T) but decided the school bus commute to and from Manassas was too great.

That is cool also, Many of us have much in common where we are from or live now.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am really surprised that nobody has mentioned or uses Keeper or Password Keeper (Same Thing) Which is what I use now and it works fine for me as well as it syncs and has the ability to create random passwords too. It seems solid for me so far and gets very high reviews in iTunes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234