Scramble With Friends: Tokens?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been considering buying Scramble With Friends after getting hooked on Words, but what I've been reading about it is giving me pause.

Apparently, you have to use a virtual "token" for each round of each game you play?there are three rounds per game?and once you run out of your initial allotment of 15 or so you're forced to either buy more (even in the PAID VERSION of the game) or wait for them to very slowly regenerate over time. Until you somehow get more tokens you cannot play the game?again, even if you have the paid version.

Please, someone tell me I've misread this. Are you honestly forced to wait to play a game you've already paid for?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes you are reading correctly!!! But in paid version tokens regenerate twice as fast... So about every seven minutes you get your a token backs...
It's a delicate balancing act between tokens and bonuses... Like the freeze time and word find...

mbern1008

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I play all the time and I though it would become an issue but I t hasn't. I play with about 20 friends and have only ran out of tokens once. If anything it keeps me from wasting my time there but since I paid for it I believe like you and I should not be limited by tokens. If anything the tokens should only be used for a secondary power up and not for play requirements

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes you are reading correctly!!! But in paid version tokens regenerate twice as fast... So about every seven minutes you get your a token backs...
It's a delicate balancing act between tokens and bonuses... Like the freeze time and word find...

But it still uses a token just to play, correct? That still seems awfully chintzy to me, but I suppose I can deal with it if the regenerate that fast. Thanks all.

Tknight74

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Are using tokens considered cheating?

Since it asks to use a token to play each round, you are given a free option to use. An opponent insisted this was cheating, just curious what others' opinions are?