iPhone upgrade program and iPhone 8

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
After the mess they had with the iPhone upgrade program last year I hear Apple is planning some sort of priory program for folks in this program this year.

If it's true having priory for the iPhone 8 will be a good thing if the supply issues they are going to have are true.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
That would be nice seeing I use iUP but I just can't believe rumors about some priority program this far in advance. I'd honestly settle for their web site working properly so I can reserve the phone I want after crawling out of bed at 3:00 AM.

Still, I'll keep my fingers crossed for us. 🤞🏼

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
That would be nice seeing I use iUP but I just can't believe rumors about some priority program this far in advance. I'd honestly settle for their web site working properly so I can reserve the phone I want after crawling out of bed at 3:00 AM.

Still, I'll keep my fingers crossed for us. 🤞🏼

What

You mean Tim Cook doesn't hand deliver your new device releases to you

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Still, I'll keep my fingers crossed for us. ????????????
This x1084790819823.3

I stayed up all night only for the website to not work and I ended up going to bed and ordering it in the morning, lol.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
After the mess they had with the iPhone upgrade program last year I hear Apple is planning some sort of priory program for folks in this program this year.

If it's true having priory for the iPhone 8 will be a good thing if the supply issues they are going to have are true.

What was the issue???

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
What was the issue???

Folks on the program were not able to reserve their phone on the first day of availability. They never really fixed the issue but got all of us phones on opening day. But for awhile it seemed like they were ignoring their arguably most committed customers.

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Well they changed the app to allow us to order through it with special upgrade page. Guess that’s how they’ll do it

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
ugh I remember last year, I was extremely upset as I didn't think I would be able to upgrade to the iPhone 7 Plus until much later. Thankfully they sent a email a few days later allowing me to get my iPhone on the day of release. I was actually the first one to get my phone at the store. Which made me go from being very disappointed to very happy.

Still on the fence bout the new phones, guess I'll wait till the event and see how the new phone is going to be. This year, for some reason I'm not that excited about the whole thing. If the iPhone X doesn't have Touch ID, I don't know if I'll be a fan of it. I think I would prefer Touch ID over Face ID. Unless it works really amazing.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I have a question with the IUP. If I have a current device payment plan with at&t can I still finance an iphone on that same line?

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Not with Verizon. I also tried that...LOL

Well I remember months ago in prep for this release I went on to apple.com to see if I can get through the steps of it with an iPhone 7 plus and it seems like it let me. I didn't go far enough to actually get the device but I am curious if this would work.

Why can't you have two payment plans? One with your carrier and one with Apple?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Not sure. A Verizon rep informed me that I couldn't put two device payment plans on one line, but could open another line with a device payment plan but I would lose my Grandfathered "Beyond Unlimited" plan

Tersanyus

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I got the iPhone upgrade plan last year with the 7 Plus. This may seem like a stupid question but do you have to have the original box and accessories to turn in when giving Apple your old iPhone?

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Well I remember months ago in prep for this release I went on to apple.com to see if I can get through the steps of it with an iPhone 7 plus and it seems like it let me. I didn't go far enough to actually get the device but I am curious if this would work.

Why can't you have two payment plans? One with your carrier and one with Apple?

I tried it.. It tells me i can upgrade but reminded me i still have a balance with Verizon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234