Are you saving up for the next iPhone?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Are you already stashing away the $$$ for the next iPhone? Or better yet, perhaps you're eligible for an upgrade with your carrier (subsidizing your cost).

Or - are you waiting to see the phone before you make any decisions? What are you going to do??

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm probably due for an upgrade in December, and am waiting to see what the new iPhone will be!!!! You can be sure that I'm paying very close attention to all the rumors, and am trying to be patient!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Im on an annual upgrade plan with Verizon so I'll be fine. But I'm really holding out to see what they announce. The rumors haven't been too promising for me. I'll wait until I hear what's releasing from Apple themselves.

anon(10210323)

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
I've had my SE for only a month, so I'm targeting whatever Apple does in September 2019! One cool thing about iPhones is that they remain strong and useful for years, unlike other phone makes that become outdated only months after launch.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy with my SE but might upgrade to the 128 GB model unless Apple blows me away with the 10th anniversary device

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, I am not saving up for the next iPhone, but I do plan on getting it at some point after it's released....

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I'm on Verizon's annual upgrade plan so I'll be due in February 2018 which is after the big rush of the release and any delays which is perfect timing to me. I don't normal chase the next iteration of any phone so it'll have to better than my 7 Plus in many ways for me to consider the upgrade. Keeping my eyes and ears peeled though since it's Apple's 10th anniversary!!

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I am always very happy with my phone and I always say that I am going to skip the "Next" version and just wait for the prices and bugs to be worked out. I then stop by the Apple Store to "take a peek" and after I hand over a bunch of money I leave with the newest arrival and then I vow that this would be the last time... LOL

4mywife

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
No I am saving up for the next iPhone. I am quite happy with my iPhone 6 that I have. It does what I need it to do just fine. I have other things that I need to spend my money on like my youngest son is going to NAIT in January to take Culinary Arts and my money will be better spent there.

Does not mean though that I will not be watching what comes out.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm a dedicated annual upgrader so I'm definitely saving up for the next iPhone. I'm just hoping the rumors of a delayed launch don't pan out!

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
No, I have sternly fought off all cravings for the new and possibly better ( rarely is )
I would have liked the SE but my phone is not worn out yet, and that's what I'm going to wait for.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
No, I have sternly fought off all cravings for the new and possibly better ( rarely is )
I would have liked the SE but my phone is not worn out yet, and that's what I'm going to wait for.

You have a stronger will that I do . Although I would argue that that the latest iPhone has always been better than the last. I suppose the removal of the headphone jack could be considered a step back but I honestly haven't missed it much.

lemony0

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
I certainly am, budgeted for it already. Which reminds me, if anyone wants to buy a jet black iPhone 7 around September time hit me up!

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Verizon Annual Upgrade plan here, but I'm already at 50% due to a hiccup so my phone will most likely be paid off by the time the new one shows up and I'll be keeping the 7 Plus as well, or selling it to defray the cost of the new one.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy with my 6s. I've never felt the need to upgrade annually. I'll take a look at the new iPhone, but I doubt if I upgrade soon.