Are you saving up for the next iPhone?

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I ultimately bought the S8+, so I am firmly in the Android Camp at the moment. I like iPhones for their useability and reliability however the displays on the S8 are ridiculously good. Here's to hoping Apple can compete soon.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Waiting , watching all the rumors for now my 6s serves me well however march of 18 it will be 2 years and I never keep a device any longer than 2 years and will be watching the 7s and iPhone 8 for a replacement .

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm not specifically saving up money for the next iPhone but saving up for the next device that makes me say 'Wow'. :)

If Apple can bring wireless charging, embedded fingerprint sensor and maybe a OLED screen with dual curved edges then I may just pull the trigger.

There wasn't much hype last year but I'm feeling it this year. Especially with the 'Anniversary' version floating around. I have a feeling this will be one of those iPhones you keep as a collectors item. Super special.

cinnabubbles

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Nah.

I went from a 4 to a 5s two years ago. I'm currently up for upgrade but since this phone is still trucking along without issue, i see no reason to do that yet. Even if I was going to go upgrade today, I'd go for the 6s over the latest and greatest model. I never really was a fan of having the latest technology right now immediately.

Rowanova

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm saving, but really mostly just ready for it...already. I'm still using my trusty old iPhone 5S, which I've had since its release all those years ago. So to say I'm ready is an honest under statement. I'm to the point I feel all the pain of all I've missed out on over the years. Bigger screen, huger screen, and all of the other smaller things that now add iPhone to quite a learning curve as soon as the new model is released. But I'm actually quite eager for it to get too. Come On September!!! :)

mtcowdog

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure what is next for me. Very happy w iP7. Next phone needs to be more than iteration. Otherwise, the cost-benefit doesn't make sense. At some level I am looking beyond the phone. What's the next big innovation? I will be patient and open minded.

fritzdoss

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Of course I am saving up. I always do, going all the way back to the blackberry days. Only this time around, the 7plus is so powerful, I can wait for the fury to die down after launch, then get a new one. Must be a sheeple.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been buying the carrier unlocked phones for two years now, and will continue to do so whether its Android or the iPhone. I simply will not buy a carrier locked phone, the annoying part is having to wait 2 months post launch to get an unlocked phone, but with the next iteration it could be much worse "if" the yield and other rumored issues are true, but then again the same types of rumors get put out there every year.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I haven't had the 7+ long so I may hold off on the 8. Both the wife and son have 6S+'s so they may grab the 8.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
My 7 works just fine. Ive got no reason to upgrade. My 6s+ would have been just fine too, but some circumstances forced me to switch carriers so now I have the 7. The way this is going for me, I probably wont be upgrading again until around when the iPhone 10 is coming out.

brian_84

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Let's just say I'm anticipating a $1000 sized dent in my account around the end of year. What I don't know is if I fork over the extra cash for the anniversary model.

w00cash1020

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Im not sure if Im gonna upgrade since my 6s still works great but we will see soon I guess. Oh and if it has that crappy curved screen then no thanks!

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Still happy with my 6+. Only thing I wish is having more storage. Probably will just upgrade to a 6s+ or a 7+ when the new one comes out for a discounted price. Can't notice a huge difference in speed between this one and my wife's 7+ so don't see the need to pay a huge difference anymore or upgrading every year like I used to

Alain_A

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm not specifically saving up money for the next iPhone but saving up for the next device that makes me say 'Wow'. :)

If Apple can bring wireless charging, embedded fingerprint sensor and maybe a OLED screen with dual curved edges then I may just pull the trigger.

There wasn't much hype last year but I'm feeling it this year. Especially with the 'Anniversary' version floating around. I have a feeling this will be one of those iPhones you keep as a collectors item. Super special.

You better be careful at what you wish for, curved screen- not sure it is a good idea. OLED definitely not good.
Starting hearing on Samsung side that the screen brake

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2