Was reading this a little earlier today: Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ review: Simply two of the best | iMore

Wanted to get some thoughts from the community. What's your take on the latest Android flagship from Samsung? Are there any features the S8 packs in that you would like to see in the next iPhone?
    04-18-2017 10:51 AM
    Smaller bezels and quick charging. An OLED screen would also be nice.

Though I don't use it much. But, when I do it is extremely handy, split screen. IOS has it on the iPad Pros so why not an iPhone Pro. A small stylus might also be helpful to have. Something along the Samsung Note SPen.

I have been using Android for most of my years on a smartphone. I may switch to the IPhone because I really like my MacBook.

Both Apple and Google could learn some things from each other. Competition is always good in the marketplace!

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    04-18-2017 12:05 PM
    I'm waving the flag for Bluetooth 5. I'd really like to dual attach my iPhone to my car and my Jabra. Or Fitbit and car. I was about to walk away from the rep at the Samsung Experience when he said "want to see something neat?" Oh lord.
    04-18-2017 04:45 PM
    James Falconer:
    What's your take on the latest Android flagship from Samsung? Are there any features the S8 packs in that you would like to see in the next iPhone?
    For me, there are a couple features Apple should include in their next iteration. I wouldn't call them 'stand out' features because they have been available on other devices for quite some time. Just some nice additions.
    The first thing is Bluetooth 5.0. This is a brand new version with a bevy of new features. Most noticeably the increased range and speed.
    The next thing i would like to see is slimmer bezels. Now, i don't want Apple to go crazy and try out do Samsung with even less bezels, but just trim down the top and bottom of the iPhone to make the overall footprint smaller and not just increase the screen size
    Another nice to have would be wireless charging. Ill admit, I'm not too fussed on this but I'm sure some will love it. Lastly, and possibly the most important. I would love it if Apple started proving AMOLED displays. With a higher contrast ratio, it will just take the iPhone screen to the next level.
    04-21-2017 02:40 AM
    Other than seeing the devices in commercials, I really haven't paid any attention to them. They do look good, though....
    04-21-2017 05:42 AM
    I'm going to get a S8 in the coming weeks to replace my iphone 7, the day of buying iphones are coming to an end for me especially since my girlfriend got a S7 edge that i play with regulary just a different level of a phone. Apple are ripping us off with old tech phones at premium prices they just won't upgrade their hardware. Yes a rumour of a iPhone 8 is coming but it will be tall order to hope that it will come close to the S8 and even if it does it will fall behind again in the next couple of years. Other rumours are they will be bringing out a 7s FFS move on apple from the "S"

People say android is crap compared to ios but playing with my girlfriends edge it's not that bad and she loves the phone after 6 months coming from an iphone 6....

The iphone is a good phone but they are just too expensive for what they are compared to the competition. Also reviews every year on release are never that great anymore.
    04-23-2017 07:40 AM
    As nice as it looks? I've owned 5 Samsung, and sold hundreds more to customers, and I've seen the face that starts to show about month 6-13.

Never again. It's a different level of phone, alright.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    04-23-2017 11:26 AM