What's the "Killer Feature" that needs to be in iPhone 8 this year?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: What's the "Killer Feature" that needs to be in iPhone 8 this year?

I agree that if it's laying on the table it's more difficult, but when I'm at work I put my phone face down so customers can't see the notifications...HR forbid I get a notice from POF and a customer sees it!
But 85% of the time it's in my pocket and I put it in so the screen faces inside and the charger port is pointing up and I find it easier than dealing with my iPhone when it's in my pocket. But you're right if it was face up on a table it'd be a pain!

Yeah my phone is on a table face up, since I work from home four days a week. Or it's in my purse or it's in my hand.
Skinny jeans and iPhone Plus don't mix well with me. HA!!!

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

Yeah my phone is on a table face up, since I work from home four days a week. Or it's in my purse or it's in my hand.
Skinny jeans and iPhone Plus don't mix well with me. HA!!!

I wouldn't know about keeping my phone in a purse, but I hear you on tight pants!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I wouldn't know about keeping my phone in a purse, but I hear you on tight pants!

What?!? You don't wear a man purse?!?!?
91ff8a2e14d73da661391a682d576580.png

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I think the fingerprint on the back could work for Apple especially if they leave the camera in the corner as it is now. BUT if they do something like Samsung and place the camera lens and fingerprint scanner side by side, THAT would be a disaster! lol But Apple knows better. :)

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd say all of the Evo models failed in some way. I had the original Evo and it was garbage. Traded it in for an iPhone 4 and haven't looked back.

You thought it was garbage? We had three Evo's in our possession. Myself, my wife and my father. We LOVED ours. I had every Evo that released up until the 3D. Then I switched to try Samsung. I think HTC has consistently nailed it in the hardware category.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
You thought it was garbage? We had three Evo's in our possession. Myself, my wife and my father. We LOVED ours. I had every Evo that released up until the 3D. Then I switched to try Samsung. I think HTC has consistently nailed it in the hardware category.

I had nothing but problems with mine and my buddy had an EVO 3D that was terrible. Just speaking from personal experience.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I think the fingerprint on the back could work for Apple especially if they leave the camera in the corner as it is now. BUT if they do something like Samsung and place the camera lens and fingerprint scanner side by side, THAT would be a disaster! lol But Apple knows better. :)
If it's like the Pixel and Pixel XL than it would be better than on the front IMO.

TG_USMC_VET

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site

I'm for the home button getting the cut, and the fingerprint scanner on the back like on my Pixel XL, and the LG G6.

Definitely not on the back - If not embedded underneath the screen, it will probably be implemented into the power on the side.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

Definitely not on the back - If not embedded underneath the screen, it will probably be implemented into the power on the side.
Kyocera put it on the power button of their phone and it's pretty nice. Putting it in the power button would work, but I'd prefer it on the back.

TG_USMC_VET

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site

Kyocera put it on the power button of their phone and it's pretty nice. Putting it in the power button would work, but I'd prefer it on the back.

I'm quite sure that Apple would put it on the back..if need be! And of course, present it...so that it's a lot more pleasing to everyone.
True enough...it would still sell and I'd buy one myself.
But, I seriously doubt it will be integrated on the back of the phone. Just wouldn't be a good look.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

I'm quite sure that Apple would put it on the back..if need be! And of course, present it...so that it's a lot more pleasing to everyone.
True enough...it would still sell and I'd buy one myself.
But, I seriously doubt it will be integrated on the back of the phone. Just wouldn't be a good look.

Make the Apple logo the Touch ID. Would blend well, and people would be ok with their cases having a cutout to show off the logo. I believe the casing of the phone is already cut out to go around the logo so from that standpoint it wouldn't be any harder to make.

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Smaller bezel, smaller bezel, SMALLER bezel. There will be no excuse going forward for one or more inch bezel.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

If it's going to be killer than it has to be something I've yet to use on any other device. 😆

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
For me its all about the screen. I would like to see a higher resolution screen, with zero bezel on the side and the most they can get top and bottom and still have the sensors, etc on the top. I don't want to see a 4mm bezel all around as rumored since its already been shown that others can offer an Infinity display with no bezels on the edges and pretty small ones on the top and bottom. Camera needs to improve as well so display and camera. They certainly bought enough companies to integrate into the camera tech to significantly improve but they aren't doing it.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods