Getting excited for the new iPhone in under 6 months. What's the killer feature that is needed in the iPhone this year?

I am really excited for wireless charging, but also would love a full sized screen (where the entire front is pretty much all screen)
    04-18-2017 06:55 AM
    Smaller bezels, forehead and chin thus bigger screen in smaller footprint on the Plus model
    Last edited by mumfoau; 04-18-2017 at 05:09 PM.
    robertk328 likes this.
    04-18-2017 07:12 AM
    wireless charging
    robertk328 likes this.
    04-18-2017 09:05 AM
    I'd really like to say bye bye to the home button in favor of more screen size.

And Bluetooth 5. I can't choose just one.
    robertk328 likes this.
    04-18-2017 04:51 PM
    Actually, nothing I can think of as far as hardware. I like the 7 the way it is. I, for one, do not want to get rid of the home button. Capacitive buttons are ugly and will make the phone look like an ugly android. I never liked an OLED screen as the colors are over saturated. Apple is classy, Samsung, is not (imho).

Software, I could suggest a few improvements. I'd like Apple Pay to be expanded to work at any credit card terminal the way Samsung Pay can. Apple Pay has too few stores in my area that take it. I'd like the ability to choose a white or black clock. Of course, none of these are deal breakers.
    robertk328 and mweber67 like this.
    04-18-2017 06:19 PM
    I'd really like to say bye bye to the home button in favor of more screen size.

And Bluetooth 5. I can't choose just one.
    I'm for the home button getting the cut, and the fingerprint scanner on the back like on my Pixel XL, and the LG G6.
    04-18-2017 06:53 PM
    Smaller bezels, forehead and chin thus bigger screen in smaller footprint on the Plus model
    are you talking about me or the iPhone?
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    04-18-2017 06:53 PM
    I'm for the home button getting the cut, and the fingerprint scanner on the back like on my Pixel XL, and the LG G6.
    See, I can't get my head wrapped around how I'd pick up the phone and hit the fingerprint scanner in one motion like
    I do now.
    I would't want that.
    TheRandomDealio likes this.
    04-19-2017 07:01 AM
    See, I can't get my head wrapped around how I'd pick up the phone and hit the fingerprint scanner in one motion like
    I do now.
    I would't want that.
    I keep my Pixel XL in my pocket and don't have any problems doing it in one motion. I find it easier than my iPhone 7 Plus which typically takes me at least two motions if it's in my pocket.
    04-19-2017 07:25 AM
    I had the Nexus 6P and it was whip fast getting that thing opened up. The fingerprint sensor on the back is aces.
    04-19-2017 11:35 AM
    If Apple is able to nail embedding the fingerprint sensor into the screen. That would without a doubt be the 'killer feature' Apple fans would overnight forget about the home button and gladly take the bigger screen space. Even if Apple bumped the price by $49 I think people would still buy!
    Ralph Morgotch and robertk328 like this.
    04-19-2017 11:39 AM
    TouchID in the screen and ocular/facial recognition combo would work
    04-19-2017 12:54 PM
    I keep my Pixel XL in my pocket and don't have any problems doing it in one motion. I find it easier than my iPhone 7 Plus which typically takes me at least two motions if it's in my pocket.
    Not for me. I would feel it's an added step to do the back ID then flip the device over to interact with it. If it's on the table I lift and my thumb falls easily on the bottom of the device and is ready for view.

But hey....vive la différence.
    04-19-2017 12:58 PM
    Not for me. I would feel it's an added step to do the back ID then flip the device over to interact with it. If it's on the table I lift and my thumb falls easily on the bottom of the device and is ready for view.

I think it would be your index finger vs thumb on the back when your hand wraps around.
    04-19-2017 01:00 PM
    There is talk the 8 will have 3D mapping for selfies/photos and the photos will have some "depth" to them. Didn't Apple buy an Israeli tech company that was working on this augmented technology not too long ago?

I think it will set a new standard for how photos will appear and be used for various applications.
    04-19-2017 01:02 PM
    I think it would be your index finger vs thumb on the back when your hand wraps around.
    Oh yeah, an index finger would be easier than a thumb.

That said, on my iPhone, I'd like it where it is. One spot to unlock and same spot for interactions. To me, best. I don't want to clutter the phone with interaction points in different locations.

If I had my ruthers, I'd keep it as is.
    04-19-2017 01:06 PM
    I did see some rumours about Apple shifting the dual cameras from horizontal to vertical. This may give some weight to @Ralph Morgotch 's comment about 3D photos.

Will this be the next 'killer feature'? Hmm, I'm not that excited about it. I would prefer to perfect photos with colour accuracy and improve low light photos before we start trying 3D stuff

That's just me.
    04-19-2017 02:21 PM
    I did see some rumours about Apple shifting the dual cameras from horizontal to vertical. This may give some weight to @Ralph Morgotch 's comment about 3D photos.

Will this be the next 'killer feature'? Hmm, I'm not that excited about it. I would prefer to perfect photos with colour accuracy and improve low light photos before we start trying 3D stuff

That's just me.
    Imagine being in instagram and seeing the countless boring 2 dimensional photos from all the other devices and THEN you see a 3D photo of a dog that looks like it is jumping out of the screen BAM! .

I think it will be talked about.
    04-19-2017 02:39 PM

I agree that if it's laying on the table it's more difficult, but when I'm at work I put my phone face down so customers can't see the notifications...HR forbid I get a notice from POF and a customer sees it!
    But 85% of the time it's in my pocket and I put it in so the screen faces inside and the charger port is pointing up and I find it easier than dealing with my iPhone when it's in my pocket. But you're right if it was face up on a table it'd be a pain!
    04-19-2017 03:07 PM
    Yes it's the index finger. I haven't even registered my thumbs with my Pixel XL.
    robertk328 likes this.
    04-19-2017 03:08 PM
    I agree that if it's laying on the table it's more difficult, but when I'm at work I put my phone face down so customers can't see the notifications...HR forbid I get a notice from POF and a customer sees it!
    But 85% of the time it's in my pocket and I put it in so the screen faces inside and the charger port is pointing up and I find it easier than dealing with my iPhone when it's in my pocket. But you're right if it was face up on a table it'd be a pain!
    Yeah my phone is on a table face up, since I work from home four days a week. Or it's in my purse or it's in my hand.
    Skinny jeans and iPhone Plus don't mix well with me. HA!!!
    04-19-2017 05:52 PM
    Yeah my phone is on a table face up, since I work from home four days a week. Or it's in my purse or it's in my hand.
    Skinny jeans and iPhone Plus don't mix well with me. HA!!!
    I wouldn't know about keeping my phone in a purse, but I hear you on tight pants!
    04-19-2017 06:50 PM
    The HTC Evo 3D was an epic fail, just sayin
    04-20-2017 05:47 AM
    The HTC Evo 3D was an epic fail, just sayin
    I'd say all of the Evo models failed in some way. I had the original Evo and it was garbage. Traded it in for an iPhone 4 and haven't looked back.
    04-20-2017 05:55 AM
    I wouldn't know about keeping my phone in a purse, but I hear you on tight pants!
    What?!? You don't wear a man purse?!?!?
    04-20-2017 07:49 AM