iPhone 8 display size and resolution?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
What does everyone think we're going to see in display size and resolution on the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus? Edge-to-edge display no doubt, but I wonder what kind of numbers we're going to see...

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I hope the iPhone 8 retains an LCD display, but I've read rumors that it'll be going to an OLED display, which is disappointing.

As for the size, I think it'll get bigger to keep up with the trends in the smartphone market.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I feel Apple needs to be careful if they model there the 8 after a Galaxy device they might alienate the true believers

I want to see a futuristic looking iPhone that won't be mistaken for any other device

That's a Tall Order

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I hope the form factor stays the same with a bigger screen size. The iPhone 7 Plus is not that easy to handle right now in some situation.
I won't like it but I will not be not buying a bigger iPhone if they happen to bring one out.

Brian Embry

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't mind seeing a 5.8 inch size display. I am looking forward to seeing an OLED display also. 5 inch for those that like a smaller form factor.

Say what you want about Samsung but, their displays are second to none. I am using a Nexus 6 as my daily driver right now and the display compared to my daughter's S7 Edge well, there's no comparison. Her phone's display is gorgeous.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
There are many times I find the 7plus a pita to use size wise, but my work phone is an iPhone 6 so the small screen is annoying too. I want something in the middle of the two with at least 90% screen usability.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'm hoping for larger displays in the same size bodies (or smaller bodies). The smaller should go at least 1080, and higher for the larger. A quality OLED display that retains Apple's color reproduction instead of going oversaturated. HDR support would be nice.

Most of the rumors are pointing to a more traditional S/S Plus with the 8 (if that's what they call it) coming a few months later though. I'm not too sold on the idea of a 5.8 inch display with a 5.2 functional area.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The new iPhone Edition or whatever they call it is rumored to have a total screen of 5.8". But that includes everything covered by glass. The actual functioning screen you look at (display) is 5.1.2" or some such.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
What does everyone think we're going to see in display size and resolution on the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus? Edge-to-edge display no doubt, but I wonder what kind of numbers we're going to see...

Here is my guess. Will be interesting to see how close it is. Obviously, we looking bigger this year so nothing in the 4.x range. will definitely be in the 5.x range :) What I'm really hoping for is, the physical size of the device remain the same, and just bump the screen size.

iPhone 7s - 5.2" inch
iPhone 7s Plus - 6.0" inch
iPhone Edition - 5.8" inch (OLED)

Its all a blur right now, but as the days go by, the picture will become clearer :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner