With the S8 coming soon with it's 'infinity display' - you think Apple are going to blow our minds with some sort of curved/edge-to-edge display on the next iPhone?
    04-07-2017 07:01 PM
    Looks plausible
    04-07-2017 07:25 PM
    Considering the fact that Apple will likely be getting the displays from Samsung, it's entirely possible -- if Apple will spring for it.
    04-07-2017 08:06 PM
    Likely to happen given the rumors. If we don't see true edge-to-edge I'm sure we'll at least see smaller bezels.
    04-07-2017 08:48 PM
    I prefer some bezel. I like to protect my device.
    metalchick719 likes this.
    04-07-2017 08:55 PM
    With the S8 coming soon with it's 'infinity display' - you think Apple are going to blow our minds with some sort of curved/edge-to-edge display on the next iPhone?
    Maybe....but much of it depends on their continued vision of the iPhone. Sure Apple would like to the improve upon the iPhone while keeping it distinctly iPhone.
    04-07-2017 09:52 PM
    I prefer some bezel. I like to protect my device.
    I don't remember where I read this, may have been on Android Central after the introduction of the Google Pixel phones. One commentator talked about how they didn't mind the bezels. They helped him hold the phone while watching videos in landscape mode. Holding the bezels didn't cover up the screen. The Pixels have several "design cues" taken straight from the iPhone 6/7...

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    04-07-2017 11:10 PM
    I don't remember where I read this, may have been on Android Central after the introduction of the Google Pixel phones. One commentator talked about how they didn't mind the bezels. They helped him hold the phone while watching videos in landscape mode. Holding the bezels didn't cover up the screen. The Pixels have several "design cues" taken straight from the iPhone 6/7...

Well the iPhone 6 has taken its design cues from HTC...
    04-09-2017 02:56 AM
    Well the iPhone 6 has taken its design cues from HTC...
    They all take design queues from each other these days. There are only so many ways to skin a smartphone. Until someone invents a triangular phone they're all going to be shaped like chocolate bars with a camera in the back, a speaker and another camera at the top, and buttons/switches along the sides.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-09-2017 06:23 AM
    They all take design queues from each other these days. There are only so many ways to skin a smartphone. Until someone invents a triangular phone they're all going to be shaped like chocolate bars with a camera in the back, a speaker and another camera at the top, and buttons/switches along the sides.
    I totally agree. How many ways can you redesign a rectangle?

There are several industries that borrow from original creations. Movies are commonly ripped off...

04-09-2017 09:43 PM
    I totally agree. How many ways can you redesign a rectangle?

There are several industries that borrow from original creations. Movies are commonly ripped off...

Yeah but Apple has the power to make the ordinary people believe they were the ones that invented the features that they copied from other manufacturers

Cheers
    04-11-2017 03:00 AM
    Yeah but Apple has the power to make the ordinary people believe they were the ones that invented the features that they copied from other manufacturers

Cheers
    Hahahaha so true!
    04-11-2017 09:54 AM
    Apple has definitely created a culture. They are extremely good at marketing. Plus in the end they do make a good product. Love them or hate Apple, they make a good product have a good ecosystem.

04-11-2017 05:44 PM
    I'm going to say YES to the dual curved edges on the side of the device. Similar to the Galaxy S7 Edge

I don't think Apple will go as far as Samsung and remove the home button. That's a distinct feature to Apple and I think they should keep it. I also have a feeling they will be jumping to OLED displays with upgraded resolutions
    04-12-2017 02:22 PM
    Yes I do. I've had a chance to experience the S8/S8+ and it does look good and fits well in the hand. I'm not sure how Apple will keep its iPhone distinctiveness, but I'm sure they will come up with something.
    04-14-2017 10:05 AM