iPhone edge-to-edge display?

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't like the idea of an edge to edge display. Wouldn't it make it more difficult to protect the sides of the phone? And cases would probably overlap on the screen if the screen goes all the way out to the edges, no?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't like the idea of an edge to edge display. Wouldn't it make it more difficult to protect the sides of the phone? And cases would probably overlap on the screen if the screen goes all the way out to the edges, no?

Yes it would and it be a challenge for all the case makers out there.

BoneCollecter

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
Edge to edge display will be more prone to shatters and scratches, they are not that useful in my opinion (as seen on s7) apple will highly unlikely make a edge to edge display they will just reduce the bezels but not totally edge less like s8

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Edge to edge display will be more prone to shatters and scratches, they are not that useful in my opinion (as seen on s7) apple will highly unlikely make a edge to edge display they will just reduce the bezels but not totally edge less like s8

I don't think having an 'edge' is going to somehow make the display more prone to shattering. Face it, you drop an iPhone face down on pavement, chances are the screen isn't going to hold up. Edge or no edge. I'm not buying the argument an edge will be more prone to scratches???