Should iphone 8 have curved edges?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: iphone 8

I agree with @firedept10. The curved edge is gimmicky and awkward IMO. No, thank you!

kirankannan8

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Re: iphone 8

I personally think that the curved display on the iPhone 8 will be dope! I have always loved bezel-less displays and when Apple implements it along with the OLED panel, it would be something epic!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'd be ok with it, BUT I'm more looking forward to less, or no bezel as KK8 suggests!

mrjayviper

May 22, 2015
Visit site
it really depends on what features are available on those curve edges? on the Samsung phones, I wasn't sold on the available features

Alexnewguy

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Sure it would look great, but I think it would absolutely suck. Beyond having little to no point it's also pretty gimmicky (agreeing with @Rob Phillips there!)
All aboard for bezel-free displays instead!

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
That be a huge change in the apple design, they don't have it on any other device.
I hope they don't do it, because I'm considering to buy one, and I am not impressed with the idea.

Justinj01

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I'd be interested in knowing the benefits as well. It doesn't seem all that revolutionary or more phones would be, but I'm up for more info.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I myself really dont mind the current design of the iPhone. Im far more concerned with functionality that revising the aesthetic design every year. To me the phone is a tool, so the functionality and utility is far more important than just aesthetics. Having said that, I abhor the idea of a curved display or edges like is suggested. To me that seems likely to make it more fragile.

jorge Hewitson

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
I do not think, if apple wants to make the iphone 8 really different, I do not think I will use a design that is already on the market, I do not think it will change much in general the iphone will remain recognizable as an iphone, as well In design is the Imac

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised by the closed minds here. You automatically say no but you have no idea what if anything the curved edge could support. It would be one thing if someone said a curved edge that did XYZ and XYZ provided no benefit over the current bezel design.