Should iphone 8 have curved edges?

DLieSaS

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I definitely don't want a regular, current Version of iOS on a curved screen – but maybe Apple can think of something that makes the curve actually useful or enhances the experience. Then I'd be interested!

golfinggod

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
Remove the bezel and I'll be happy. My best friend has an S7 Edge and I still can't work out the point of it is besides a few notifications. Leave the gimmicks to the droids I say.

vondrook4

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I agree with a lot of you guys, curved edge screens feel a little gimmicky and I've watched review videos after months of owning a phone like the S7 Edge and most say that they don't really use the edge features anymore. But I have to say that Apple may surprise us and find a way to do it differently and make it more useful and less gimmicky.

Dan_M

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I would greatly welcome it. I have an iphone 6s plus; my first iPhone ever. I sold many old phones, some faulty and saved to afford half the fee of the phone. The other half of the money was a gift for hard work in school. With all that :rotfl: who knows when I'll be able to afford a new one, but it would be nice to still know curved edges exist in the iphone world.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm surprised by the closed minds here. You automatically say no but you have no idea what if anything the curved edge could support. It would be one thing if someone said a curved edge that did XYZ and XYZ provided no benefit over the current bezel design.

I absolutely agree with you. However my guess is that if this rumor comes to fruition then Apple will institute some gimmicky use for the curved edges that won't really be of use for much for the first year but eventually is expanded upon. Like Touch ID and 3D Touch.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
No need, even more slippery, more difficult to handle. If Apple wants to make a statement, just make a phone that is outstandingly better... and that works all the time.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: iphone 8

I agree with @firedept10. The curved edge is gimmicky and awkward IMO. No, thank you!

Agreed. Plus there'd be no tempered glass protectors for the screen. I install the flimsy plastic ones on galaxy edges at work. Makes the device look cheap instantly. But better cheap looking then scratches all over the screen I suppose

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
No it shouldn't have a curved displayed. Granted when I had the s7 edge I did like having quick access to apps and what not. But the experience with screen protectors was horrible and most of them did not work with cases. This forced me to go with out a screen, but after 7 months of use or so my screen still looked almost new.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
If they are like the note 7, I would love it. The note 7 felt great in hand when I went to play with one before deciding between iPhone 7 and it. It does not need to be a super drastic curve, the iPhone could use some curves to make it feel better in hand.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
what do you think about curved edge in iphone 8??

If it has a small curve to the screen like the Blackberry PRIV, then i would be happy about Apple implementing it. But don't want something as big as the S7 Edge. I think people generally would be happier if Apple reduces the top and bottom bezels on the iPhone. Apple will most likely make the iPhone thinner this year, even though nobody asked for it haha ^_^

Swapnil Vartak

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
If Apple do bring the curved display to the iPhone, they will make sure that the implementation, both hardware and software, will be clearly distinct from the Samsung edge displays. They will bring something of their own to the table..So I'd be interested to see that...

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
If Apple do bring the curved display to the iPhone, they will make sure that the implementation, both hardware and software, will be clearly distinct from the Samsung edge displays. They will bring something of their own to the table..So I'd be interested to see that...

I'm pretty sure Apple is getting their displays from Samsung. Therefore, I wouldn't expect a distinct difference in the curved edges. Besides how creative can one get with a curved glass screen. I don't see a lot of variation in the flat square/rectangular screens used today other than dimensions.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I think the new iPhone should have a curved edge but they should also make a traditional version to satisfy those who don't want that look/feel. They do it today with the regular and plus size iPhone for those who don't want a large device. I'm sure many of you recall when Apple announced they were making a device with a 5.5 inch display, the early reaction by the Apple community was less than pleasing. It was this same community that would criticize Samsung for making devices with 5.7 inch displays years earlier. Fast forward to today, and that large screen Apple device outsells the smaller size iPhone. Go figure. I guarantee the same will happen if/when Apple releases a curve edged iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711