iPhone 8 or something else?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Since next year will mark the 10th anniversary of the iPhone, should it be called the iPhone 8 or something else. The iPhone 10th Anniversary Edition, perhaps? Please share your thoughts and opinions. Thanks...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What happened to the s model? Did Apple say there would not be one anymore? In any event, I vote for the iPhone 10 with the 10th anniversary. It would be the 10th iPhone, not counting the 5c, SE etc. Seems fitting!

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I've heard it's simply going to be iPhone, iPhone Plus, and iPhone Pro (if the rumors of 3rd device are true). A 4.7, 5.5, and a 5.8 with "folded side screens"

Moving forward the iPhone would take on the Monikers of the other Apple Products known by their year and what's under the hood.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've heard it's simply going to be iPhone, iPhone Plus, and iPhone Pro (if the rumors of 3rd device are true). A 4.7, 5.5, and a 5.8 with "folded side screens"

Moving forward the iPhone would take on the Monikers of the other Apple Products known by their year and what's under the hood.

I like this idea. +1 for this concept of name change.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

+2 for that idea!

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
If it's just called "iPhone", how it it distinguished from year to year? The 2017 and 2018 models may look alike.

How do you distinguish a Black iPhone 7 from Space Gray iPhone 6 if both are in an Otterbox. Distinguishing the difference implies the idea that others can tell which device you have. I don't care whether someone knows my phone is a 7 or a 6s. I know what it is and and the functionality is important to me, not others opinions. So ultimately if they look alike than what's in a name anyway...

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
What they can do is release a 7s where they fix any issues that might arise due to the design changes introduced in the 7. The 7s/7s plus chould be the flagship. Then they can also release a limited 10th anniversary edition. That way we have a flagship iphone that is better than last year (like in the case of 6 and 6s) and also the limited edition for those who really want it. In my opinion they should not go for a anniversary special only phone where they introduce radical changes. If that happens we will have two premium iphones(7 and the 8) with problems. Worse they could end up facing something like what happened with the note 7

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I vote for iPhone 7s. If Apple love numbers, the number 7 is a good number in 10years of experience. And the "s" to add to the number 7 will underline the entire meaning of the 7 with whatever the "s" actually stand for.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I vote for iPhone 7s. If Apple love numbers, the number 7 is a good number in 10years of experience. And the "s" to add to the number 7 will underline the entire meaning of the 7 with whatever the "s" actually stand for.

The rumor has always been the "s" stood for:

3GS: speed
4s: Siri
5s: Security (TouchID)
6s: Sensitivity (3D Touch)

It's debatable clearly, I simply feel this upcoming device is to big of a deal to simply stay the course and call it the 7s. Especially the nearly confirmed 3 sizes...possibly a 4th. If they upgrade the SE, and then do 4.7, 5.5 and a new 5.8 Pro model I see a simple name:

iPhone

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Since next year will mark the 10th anniversary of the iPhone, should it be called the iPhone 8 or something else. The iPhone 10th Anniversary Edition, perhaps? Please share your thoughts and opinions. Thanks...

I don't think anyone but Apple and us tech enthusiasts even knows nor cares that it'll be the 10th anniversary of the iPhone. I really don't think Apple will use that as a selling point during the entire year that the next iPhone is the flagship. No matter what it is, I'll most likely get it.

anon(9072051)

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
I've heard it's simply going to be iPhone, iPhone Plus, and iPhone Pro (if the rumors of 3rd device are true). A 4.7, 5.5, and a 5.8 with "folded side screens".

If only!! An iPhone Pro with a 5.8 display, stereo speakers and a dual-lens camera would be a killer replacement for/upgrade from my Nexus 6!

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I think iPhone X would be a great name but I also don't think the masses really care what they call it and Apple knows this...so I don't think the name will be a big deal. iPhone 7s or 8.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234