Iphone 7 Charging Problem??

mreko

May 15, 2017
Visit site
I bought My Iphone 7 before 4 days, the phone charge when he turned off, but if i charge it while the phone is on it stop charging after 10 mins. so i should unplug it and re-plug to continue charging and he charge for another 10 mins and repeat until fully charge.
using: Iphone 7.

Best Regards.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! That shouldn't be happening. A few things to try:

1. Restore your iPhone to factory default settings by going into recovery mode and connecting to iTunes. This will essentially wipe it clean and reinstall iOS, weeding out any software issue. http://m.imore.com/how-to-iphone-ipad-recovery-mode

2. Try a different charging block and lightning cable.

If all else fails return your iPhone to the store you bought it or contact Apple Support.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey @mreko , Thanks for the question :)

That definitely shouldn't be happening with a new iPhone. Where did you purchase it from? Was it a reliable source?

The first thing I would do, is take it down to your nearest Apple store and show them what's happening. I presume you are using the official charger that came in the box?

Seems weird that it cuts after 10 minutes exactly. That seems like a software bug vs actually something wrong with the charging port of cable.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes if you're doing something battery intensive while charging, it may not charge. But you would have to be using equal or more power than what's from the power source. Does it happen everywhere? Could the outlet used be the problem?

HBogard

Jun 1, 2017
Visit site
You should try charging it with a ipad adapter, not sure about it being a faulty battery, chck different adapter or cables to be sure

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW