iPhone 7 lifetime?

LeviV8

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
Hi!

I finally got my RED 7 128GB :D :heart:
I love it so far, but i noticed a weird thing.
At the call time / Lifetime it shows 14h 12min of usage.
It's not even out of the box for 14hrs :confused:
Why is that? At the beginning I set up as " new iPhone" and the numbers do not match with my 5S either, as that had more usage on it...

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Big congratulations on your new purchase! That is one gorgeous piece of tech you just purchased! I personally really like the Red colour 😃

I wouldn't worry to much about it. Just enjoy your new device! Did you purchase it from the Apple store or from an online retailer?

LeviV8

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
Yes, to answer your questions, it was from an authorised seller , they also sell Mac and mostly other laptops too.
The box was sealed and all that, official packing so no signs of previous use or anything.
I read about it, and saw that quite a lot of people had "weird" numbers at this 'lifetime usage'.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, to answer your questions, it was from an authorised seller , they also sell Mac and mostly other laptops too.
The box was sealed and all that, official packing so no signs of previous use or anything.
I read about it, and saw that quite a lot of people had "weird" numbers at this 'lifetime usage'.

Was that usage or cell time? Overall usage is one thing but if it was call time that's a different story.

LeviV8

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
Well,
there is "CALL TIME"
Current period : 15minutes (what I used today)
Lifetime is : 14hrs 27 minutes (now)

What's the different story if it had call time on it?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Well,
there is "CALL TIME"
Current period : 15minutes (what I used today)
Lifetime is : 14hrs 27 minutes (now)

What's the different story if it had call time on it?

If there was call time, I believe that would mean that it had been activated prior to your using it. Lifetime could mean it had been tested perhaps. I'm not entirely sure. I never looked when I got mine. As long as your Apple care starts from your purchase date and the phone works as it should I would not worry about it. Check on the AppleCare though. It should show your purchase date. With an expiration one year later unless you got AppleCare+ then it would be 2 years.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Two possibilities. It may have been used for testing, or it may have been on display. If on display, some people pick them up and try to make calls. This would register in lifetime. The phone would have been reset, but lifetime would not change. Setting up as new won't change lifetime. 14 hours seems too much for display. Most likely was used in testing. Or possibly both. Either way, it's nothing to worry about.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Or could it be a missed sync off my old 5S? As I have recent calls on the 7 which were made from the 5S
That's it 😃 I did read on some other forums (after you mentioned this) that if you sync anything with your past iPhones, for some reason the call hours history comes with. I presume it means the lifetime of calls with any iPhone combined.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
That's it I did read on some other forums (after you mentioned this) that if you sync anything with your past iPhones, for some reason the call hours history comes with. I presume it means the lifetime of calls with any iPhone combined.

I didn't know that. I learned something today! I can check that box now. Lol.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I didn't know that. I learned something today! I can check that box now. Lol.

Verizon tells me that lifetime calls is specific to the device. It only shows call time made on that device. That syncing or back ups won't add call time from another device. I'm gonna call Apple and see what they say.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon tells me that lifetime calls is specific to the device. It only shows call time made on that device. That syncing or back ups won't add call time from another device. I'm gonna call Apple and see what they say.

Interesting. Let us know what they say.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Every time I updated to a new phone, after a basic setup (syncing iCloud etc), and when I am lazy (which I usually am), I populate the rest by restoring from the backup of previous phones. When you do it, it also pick up the past call time. Data time can be reset to zero.

LeviV8

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
Meanwhile I checked my serial on Apple's site and it shows activation date 10th of May, that's the date I logged into the 7 for the 1st time, so that's 'legit'...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Meanwhile I checked my serial on Apple's site and it shows activation date 10th of May, that's the date I logged into the 7 for the 1st time, so that's 'legit'...

I'm curious to know for sure one way or the other about the "lifetime" calls. I'm hoping Apple will shed light on it when I call. Either way though, it's nothing to be concerned about.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods