iPhone 7 Or iPhone 7plus, WHICH SHOULD I BUY !?

raplutonium3

May 7, 2017
Visit site
Hi all

Please help this weekend I'm buying myself an iPhone Cause I didn't upgrade since the iPhone 5s,
what I would really want to know which iPhone is the best between 7 & 7 plus?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! :)

Is the 5s screen size sufficient? Then get the 7. 7 Plus is quite a bit larger but that may be the way to go. I'm going to the Plus next, my 40+ year old eyes are having a tough time with the 7.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

Please help this weekend I'm buying myself an iPhone Cause I didn't upgrade since the iPhone 5s,

I was in the same situation, and had my heart set on the standard iPhone 7. The larger battery and better camera sold me on the 7 Plus, and after adjusting to the size, I'm very glad I went with the bigger phone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree with robertk328. If size isn't an issue, go with the iPhone 7. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I had 3 phablets over the past couple of years. The last, an iphone6+ I thought was really sweet. But I think I've come full circle and really do not care for the big size. YMMV, and you may need to figure it out by trying it first, but toting around and trying to pocket a phab size phone got old way to fast for me. Now my (4.7') 7 slips right into a shirt pocket and I hardly know it's there. I see people talking on their phabs and chuckle at the sheer size of it. No need for me to ever have another phab. the smaller size works the same in a more easily handled form. Good luck!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It comes down to your preference for size. I actually struggled with this myself. I love the size of the 7, but I have gotten real used to having a bigger phone for the last 4-5 years. It's hard to go back and I have never thought anyone looked funny talking on a big phone. It's really not that big. It's not unusual like when I had my Note 2 and nobody had a big phone. People looked at me like I was holding an iPad to my head. Lol. I didn't care then and don't care now.

Anyway, both have their upsides and downsides. Get what you are comfortable with.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

The 7 plus would be better for battery/camera of course however I suggest you visit a Apple store or carrier and handle them both and if you think you can deal with the bigger size especially for your pockets that's the device for You .

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I agree with robertk328. If size isn't an issue, go with the iPhone 7. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Personally I think he'll be disappointed. No HD screen. Battery life isn't as good and the camera doesn't compare to the 7+. The 7 is rocking a 2013 screen

Go 7+

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Personally I think he'll be disappointed. No HD screen. Battery life isn't as good and the camera doesn't compare to the 7+. The 7 is rocking a 2013 screen

Go 7+
No. Even worse. It's the same pixel density as the 2010 iPhone 4. It's a 7 year old screen. Lol.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Go 7+

No. Even worse. It's the same pixel density as the 2010 iPhone 4. It's a 7 year old screen. Lol.

(Laughing)...That's techie talk. The general public wouldn't know that or even care about stuff like that. The screen of the iPhone 7 is still gorgeous, the device is fast as heck and the battery life, at least the one I had, was on par with the 6S Plus I had before it. The camera of the Plus size is definitely great, but how important is that to the OP. The camera on the iPhone 7 is still top notch.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
(Laughing)...That's techie talk. The general public wouldn't know that or even care about stuff like that. The screen of the iPhone 7 is still gorgeous, the device is fast as heck and the battery life, at least the one I had, was on par with the 6S Plus I had before it. The camera of the Plus size is definitely great, but how important is that to the OP. The camera on the iPhone 7 is still top notch.

Thats up to him but for the little bit of $$ I'd definitely want a HD screen, great battery life and the better camera. If he can deal with the bigger phone I'd recommend + all day long

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Techie talk? 7 year old technology? In this day of technology age, that screen is no longer gorgeous. That's a fanboy response of you.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
If you can afford it, the 7 Plus is so much better. You get the bigger screen with better resolution, the bigger battery, an extra GB of RAM, and the extra rear camera.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh