Cars with Aux Jacks and not blue tooth compatible

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have a 2008 Subaru Forester, and it does not have all the bells and whistles that new models do in regards to technology. I've been happily using the auxiliary jack on my car's dash to listen to music on my iPhone. It works quite well.

The plan is to drive it until it dies, so there's no possibility of getting a new car before I get a new iPhone. My question is will the dongle that comes with iPhone 7 and 7+ (and presumably the next releases from Apple) work with my car's auxiliary jack?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2008 Subaru Forester, and it does not have all the bells and whistles that new models do in regards to technology. I've been happily using the auxiliary jack on my car's dash to listen to music on my iPhone. It works quite well.

The plan is to drive it until it dies, so there's no possibility of getting a new car before I get a new iPhone. My question is will the dongle that comes with iPhone 7 and 7+ (and presumably the next releases from Apple) work with my car's auxiliary jack?

Yep. I use it every day. No problem at all.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2010 Tahoe and suffer the same thing. Thankfully I have a USB port inside my center console in which I drilled a hole and routed a lightning cable through. I have Bluetooth but it ONLY works for calls and not music.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I have a 2010 Tahoe and suffer the same thing. Thankfully I have a USB port inside my center console in which I drilled a hole and routed a lightning cable through. I have Bluetooth but it ONLY works for calls and not music.

My car supports Bluetooth music but I don't use it. The quality just isn't good enough with a 400 watt system. I use the lightning cable to the USB and it sounds great.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Wonderful! That makes me very happy! :D

Im very happy to move forward with technology and have 'better' things, just as long as they provide me with adapters for situations like this when unfortunately i don't get a new car every 2 years haha :) My dad still drivers his Opel Astra from 1995 and we had to pay extra for that headphone jack since it was 'fancy tech' back then lol. Ah the good ol days. When cars didnt come with power steering and a CD player was optional extra. Now its not even an option lol.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Im very happy to move forward with technology and have 'better' things, just as long as they provide me with adapters for situations like this when unfortunately i don't get a new car every 2 years haha :) My dad still drivers his Opel Astra from 1995 and we had to pay extra for that headphone jack since it was 'fancy tech' back then lol. Ah the good ol days. When cars didnt come with power steering and a CD player was optional extra. Now its not even an option lol.

Lol, now a days they throw the kitchen sink. My car has AM/FM, SiriusXM, 6CD Changer, Bluetooth, USB and AUX. I'm like... wow

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2